B8 A4 Black Edition Avant....which colour to order..

funkycat

Reaction score
About to place an order for 2011 A4 Avant Black Edition, can't decide between Phantom Black or White? Think both will look awesome, but for different reasons. Opinions please.

If you like Phantom I personally would stick with it. Borrowed a white Sline Special Edition with Black grill and rear tinted windows a year ago and hated it. Bling to the extreme and felt like everyone was staring at it thinking what a Naff looking car! White is for Police CArs and Vans and the occasional Ice Cream

White is the new black! very fashionable colour at the moment and might help re-sale but then a gain black does look good on the avants.

not much help sorry

White is the new Black.... I don't think so! Last year maybe.. Audi are pushing their new 'Pants' Brown colour .. For me Audis look best in any colour as long as it's Phantom Black.

White looks good on small sporty cars like the TT especially with a big set of alloys.

Personally i would never order an infasion colour as ultimatly it will go back out and probably be considered as "chav".....

Stick with phantom, or a lovely red :)

Blue is nice too, LOL.

There are some pictures of my white b8 avant black edition in the "any 60 plate car thread" . Everyone that has seen it loves it,this is my third white car,had a 2.0 tsi scirocco and a clio 197 before this. I think white cars show the lines of the car alot better especially if you want a black edition, black edition on a black car seems abit wasted to me.

Folks, thanks for feedback, made decision this pm when the dealer called with final deal on finance! have gone for : 2011 A4 Avant Black Edition, 2.0Tdi (170bhp), Phantom Black, 19” 5 arm rotor design titanium alloy wheels, Leather/Alcantara (Black with Silver stitching), Heated Seats, Cruise, DAB, B&O, AMI, Audi Parking System, Auto dimming/Folding Mirrors, Mobile Phone Low, Interior Light pack up, Non Smoking Pack, Piano finish black inlays, Privacy glass. Delivery end of March 2011.

correct decision! Well done! Almost identical spec to mine.Just a nice remap to 200 bhp from cnl remapping and away you go

Sounds like a nice car and spec.....When it comes, you just need to get that dash painted piano black to match everything else now :)

Just placed an order for a 2011 A4 Avant Black Edition in phantom black, can anyone point me in the right direction for images of this vehicle?

Try Audi used car section on their website.

Here is a WHITE black edition:

highresimage1.jpg

highresimage2.jpg

I would think that is an s-line with black optics pack, since the black edition has only just become available, it also has the wrong wheels.

Mmmmmm.......think I am happier with my choice in black having seen a white variant................although it was due next month, now been informed by dealer is delayed to July....................gr8! just thinking Lava/Quartz/Meteor Grey may be options to consider now!

Hi all, just joined. Very interested in this thread. I've just ordered the following: A4 Avant 3.0 Quattro Black Edition with S-Tronic, high tech pack, Pan roof, adaptive lights etc. I too gave seriously thought to the colour but finally opted for Phantom Black having seen the following: 2011 Audi A4 K2 Black Edition | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
My concern is the delivery time. The dealer have informed me the car will be here before the end of June (which co-incides with Audi £2700 fiance assistance - ending June 30th). If the car isn't delivered by this time the finance deal is no longer valid!!!! I have read more and more reports of cars not being delivered in time. Am I right to be concerned????? :unsure: