B8.5 Tilting Mirror?

777GE90

Reaction score
Anyone know whether the passenger mirror automatically tilting (while reversing) is a standard feature or optional extra on the A4? I have a SE Technik (so pretty well kitted out) and the manual is really badly worded so I can't really understand how to get it to work or whether it is even standard on the SE Technik or not.

Reactions: V6_Man
Anyone know whether the passenger mirror automatically tilting (while reversing) is a standard feature or optional extra on the A4? I have a SE Technik (so pretty well kitted out) and the manual is really badly worded so I can't really understand how to get it to work or whether it is even standard on the SE Technik or not.
Did you try turning your mirror thing on the door panel to the left and reverse. You might as well have to adjust the tilt settings first and then try it and see if it works on not. If not, it could always be retro-activated.

Did you try turning your mirror thing on the door panel to the left and reverse. You might as well have to adjust the tilt settings first and then try it and see if it works on not. If not, it could always be retro-activated.

Well what I tried to do is:
1. Start the engine.
2. Put the car into reverse.
3. Change the mirror selector to the left passenger side (Audi manual says change it to right driver side, but I guess it's wrong way around for Germany?).
4. Lower the mirror setting to my desired position.
5. Put the car into 1st gear and the mirror just stays down and doesn't go back up, I then tried driving up to 5-7 mph and no change so just manually put it back up again.

The manual is really confusing, here is what it says:
Upload 2017 6 28 15 2 54

It doesn't say whether the car needs to be in reverse when adjusting or whether I need to press in the electric mirror selector or anything like that.

Its enabled by standard on vehicles with folding and/or dimming mirrors, all other models can have the feature enabled wth VCDS.

What @Darren92 suggested. Does it tilt to the desired position once you put the car in reverse? If so, it looks like the option is there for you. If it does, then from memory I believe you need to be doing 10mph-ish for the mirror to come back to its original position.

Its enabled by standard on vehicles with folding and/or dimming mirrors, all other models can have the feature enabled wth VCDS.

Ah ok, my mirrors don't fold automatically and I have no idea if the side mirrors automatically dim, but I definitely know the middle rear-view mirror is automatically dimmable, not sure if that counts?

Also, while reversing you need to make sure the knob is turned to left, i.e. the passenger side for it to work properly.

What @Darren92 suggested. Does it tilt to the desired position once you put the car in reverse? If so, it looks like the option is there for you. If it does, then from memory I believe you need to be doing 10mph-ish for the mirror to come back to its original position.

Also, while reversing you need to make sure the knob is turned to left, i.e. the passenger side for it to work properly.

Good point, I think I was moving the knob back to the original position. Will test again later when I finish work, I guess I have to be going faster so need to get out of the office car park. But have a feeling it might be an optional extra that is not included in the SE Technik as standard.

Good point, I think I was moving the knob back to the original position. Will test again later when I finish work, I guess I have to be going faster so need to get out of the office car park. But have a feeling it might be an optional extra that is not included in the SE Technik as standard.

Let's assume if it doesn't work, you can always buy Carista Adapter and download their Android/iOS app. There is aloooot more you can do with it and it is fairly simple and easy to use. Below are links to Carista's website and the thread on ASN on other options that could be enabled via the app:

http://www.caristaapp.com/

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/carista-app.237050/

Let's assume if it doesn't work, you can always buy Carista Adapter and download their Android/iOS app. There is aloooot more you can do with it and it is fairly simple and easy to use. Below are links to Carista's website and the thread on ASN on other options that could be enabled via the app:

http://www.caristaapp.com/

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/carista-app.237050/

Have been tempted by Carsita already but not sure how good it is, as I understand VCDS allows you to unlock a lot more features (I may be wrong) so wasn't sure if it was worth it or not. Also, a little scared it may screw something up and my car wasn't cheap either.

Have been tempted by Carsita already but not sure how good it is, as I understand VCDS allows you to unlock a lot more features (I may be wrong) so wasn't sure if it was worth it or not. Also, a little scared it may screw something up and my car wasn't cheap either.

If you read the thread as well as look at their website there is a lot that you can enable via Carista and it is supper easy. VCDS is different ball-game and if you are tech savvy and can easily translate the bits to bytes then although expensive it is a good piece of kit to have. Plus, it is £40 vs £250, if I was you, I'd go with £40 first and if I really want to more I'll put another £250 and buy the VCDS kit along with a Win laptop (in case you don't have one and if so, that is another £300-£400) :)

If you read the thread as well as look at their website there is a lot that you can enable via Carista and it is supper easy. VCDS is different ball-game and if you are tech savvy and can easily translate the bits to bytes then although expensive it is a good piece of kit to have. Plus, it is £40 vs £250, if I was you, I'd go with £40 first and if I really want to more I'll put another £250 and buy the VCDS kit along with a Win laptop (in case you don't have one and if so, that is another £300-£400) :)

Well I have a degree in computer science so tempted to see if I could get hold of a VCDS and make my own app (that does the same as Carsita). But that will be in the future I guess as I'm too busy this year and not sure if I want to be experimenting on my car just yet.

Should be easy then :). TBH there is so much info on here as well as you Audizine that whether one is tech savvy or not, it is easy to do the mods via VCDS.

I have just bought Carista and damm it has some toys on it.enabled mirror tilt in reverse,oil temp/laptimer on dash,hazzards and tail lights to flash when braking hard etc etc,there is so much to play with on there for 30 quid its a must.Can read faults and all sorts.Do it you know you want to:))

Just a FYI... I enabled the reversing mirror on my old A3 (2014 model). Whilst it worked, when it returned to the standard drive position, it was way off, pointing skyward. Seen a fair few that have that problem here too. You may find it unusable in real life....

Just a FYI... I enabled the reversing mirror on my old A3 (2014 model). Whilst it worked, when it returned to the standard drive position, it was way off, pointing skyward. Seen a fair few that have that problem here too. You may find it unusable in real life....

2014 A3 and OLD ... @arad85 . My 'new' S4 is 2014

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: scotty76 and arad85
2014 A3 and OLD ... @arad85 . My 'new' S4 is 2014
I blame the local garage having a 3 month old S5 with all the extras I wanted bar 1 just before the new B9 being introduced (so I ended up with 25% off list) , and a bank base rate that is stupidly low...

Oh... and the test drive ;)

I blame the local garage having a 3 month old S5 with all the extras I wanted bar 1 just before the new B9 being introduced (so I ended up with 25% off list) , and a bank base rate that is stupidly low...

Oh... and the test drive ;)

Lol. Those with 14 plates would probably like to jump in river Thames after reading your above comment about 14 being an old model @arad85. I just came back from outside and thought actually it looks the same as 16 and with personalised number plate she's hid her age perfectly

I didn't say it was old, just that it was old to me which is entirely different ;)

EDIT: I've only ever had 2 new cars, the A3 being one. The S5 was just a "right place, right time" sort of thing.... (as was the tune, but that's another story!)

I didn't say it was old, just that it was old to me which is entirely different ;)

EDIT: I've only ever had 2 new cars, the A3 being one. The S5 was just a "right place, right time" sort of thing.... (as was the tune, but that's another story!)

Just winding you up mate.

Are you still considering Ultracharger, have APR made any progress since the last attempt. Also, would you mind me asking how much you paid for them chargercooler?

Just winding you up mate.

Are you still considering Ultracharger, have APR made any progress since the last attempt. Also, would you mind me asking how much you paid for them chargercooler?
;)

Will have to see what happens on the UC, but not heard anything so far (but then I probably won't until they are ready to try again). I am (at least I assume I still am!) the CREC development car for APR so what I paid for the cooler probably isn't representative of what you'd get one for. AwesomeGTI/APR UK are the main dealers though - I'd start there...

Fair enough - must be a good deal or perhaps a 'goodwill' gesture
Awesome quoted me £1k for APRs. I will call Al tomorrow and find out once again including any discounts if I can get one.