B8.5 S4 mirror indicator strip replacement.

rabhrab

Reaction score
As the title says, is this a difficult job? Had a quick search on here but couldn't see what I was looking for. Any help is gratefully received!:help::help:

Pop the glass out, unscrew the mirror cap, unscrew indicator

Reactions: rabhrab
Did it on brother car yesterday.
Take 10mins per side and. Two screens and it’s all about piloping out.

I have spare wing mirror indicators
Genuine if you need

Genuine if you need
Thanks ruairi83, I'm thinking about getting the dynamic indicators but nervous about breaking the glass.......or anything else!

Reactions: ruairi83 and briceportier
Thanks ruairi83, I'm thinking about getting the dynamic indicators but nervous about breaking the glass.......or anything else!
As always be gentle but firm and it will pop off...
As for dynamic indicators got for it!
IMO it's one of the most cost effective mod...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Are you guys referring to the door mirrors? If so the photo below might help. Mine was forcibly popped out because of a clash of mirrors with another car (their fault). There are 4 pairs of plastic clips which hold the mirror onto the round plastic frame which is attached to the motor assembly. These clips can break, as mine did. IIRC if you move the mirror to an extreme angle, then you can just about expose some of the clips. Then you can carefully use a long screwdriver to prise the mirror off - once a couple of the clips are released the whole thing will come out.

Door mirror open

Reactions: V6_Man and rabhrab

This guy makes it look much harder than it is. Once you get the initial crunches out the way that will make you butt go like a bunnies nose don't do what he did and try and prise it away from the other sides instead get you fingers/hand in the gap and ease it off from the middle in the same directing you started in, don't twist it.

Then undo lots of screws you can see then man handle the cover off, the clips are pretty strong.

shows the screws better in this one.

SIMPELS

Reactions: V6_Man and rabhrab

This guy makes it look much harder than it is. Once you get the initial crunches out the way that will make you butt go like a bunnies nose don't do what he did and try and prise it away from the other sides instead get you fingers/hand in the gap and ease it off from the middle in the same directing you started in, don't twist it.

Then undo lots of screws you can see then man handle the cover off, the clips are pretty strong.

shows the screws better in this one.

SIMPELS

Why could I not find this video on YT before - thanks @MuPPeT_ON_TouR as I have CF mirror covers for my B8.5 that I bought almost 9 months ago but have not put them because of the fear of breaking the glass . This makes it look so easy in the second video

Last edited:
It is easy but once you have all the screw out you have to get pretty tough on the cap to get it off. I watched the video lots of times as even though I was sure I had all the screws out it still didn't want to come off.

The clips are hard there are some little holes you can poke at them through but eventually I just got hulk on it and pulled.. the result was one broken clip only.

Reactions: V6_Man
I replaced my covers to carbon and they are a bit of a pain to get off for sure, after removing all the screws I found that the plastic clips that help hold things together are pretty weak especially when putting things back together (the 2 circled red) are a pain to get back in right without snapping!! The green circle is the other plastic clip can’t fully recall if there is another on the opposite side.

edit: looking at the carbon replacement video his are already gone haha

BDE03C04 3DE2 4A37 A2CB 1F3A967DBD32

There is another on the right side to your pic. Make a square with another green circle to the other side on that pic, near where you can see the bunch of multi coloured wires.

I know this as that's the one I missed and broke.

Genuine if you need

I’m in need of just the drivers side to replace a faulty one on my ‘14 A4 3.0 TDI Black edition (I think they’re same part?) if you still have them available?

I’m in need of just the drivers side to replace a faulty one on my ‘14 A4 3.0 TDI Black edition (I think they’re same part?) if you still have them available?
Sorry for late reply. Yes I still have these mate and yes they are the same part.

Reactions: VaulterTim