B8.5 LED light type list

Chris90

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all.

Probably been covered a good few times now, but ive done a search and still having a bit struggle to find out what I need.

I want to change the fog light bulbs in my 2012 B8.5 A4 to LED so they match the DRLs as its bugging me and ive only had the car 24hours! OCD much! I believe the B8.5s run the H8 bulb. Is this correct? I notice CREE do a 35W and a 50W bulb....Which one do people recommend and are both of these canbus error code free.

And onto the reversing lights. I google/search suggests these are a T15 W16W bulb. Is this fitment correct?

Also, what bulb types is it for the interior light (1x main light, 2x map lights and I believe mine has the 2 rear LEDs for the rear passengers.

Any help/advise would be appreciated.

Chris

Hi Chris, try asking site sponsor @t8ups he is the bulb expert.

Reactions: t8ups
Does that link notify him he's been tagged in the thread?

Was looking for the CREE bulbs as they get awesome reviews for the fogs and the reverse lights.

Before in my golf I was using ultra LEDs stuff which has worked flawlessly and still do. But not sure what types they are without taking it all apart

Yeah t8ups is your best bet.

Reactions: t8ups
Any of you guys got a picture of the bulbs t8ups supplies. Want them to match the DRLs almost perfect :)

Cheers guys