B8.5 key fob battery

Audiforlife

Reaction score
Been having problems with my fob the last few days where it will only lock/unlock with me standing next to the drivers door. I assumed the battery was getting low in the fob, gone to replace it and my key has a sealed battery which looks to be soldered to the circuit board. Had a few audis in my time but never come across a key like this before. Has anyone else had this?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

You’re removing the keyblade then squeezing the black tan and pulling the tray out, yeah?

Yeah but the black tab doesn't seem to hold the battery like the rest. I had to pull the full circuit board out

f10fa3a3dadc77b4210fa1fd0924228b.jpg
dfbb502d38469ba77822fced985a576e.jpg

Looks like it has broken off!

Reactions: Audiforlife
Yeah i think it has, still I haven't come across an audi key with what looks like a fixed battery before

Did you not check one of the many videos on YouTube?

Did you not check one of the many videos on YouTube?
Yes but couldn't find one which shows a key like mine. Like I said I've had a few audis and changed several keyfob batteries in the past and never seen another like this

c46b02cb1c462f181c3086ae9834975a.jpg
58ba63194bdd5c0bf53cdca576d1578f.jpg

Now it's totally dead. Cannot lock/unlock the car but it does start

Aside from the poor focus this one is for your type:
As noted yours is broken.

Just been to see a locksmith and it's a cheap aftermarket key. Battery is good but someone's soldered the circuit board in the past and made a mess of it. He tried to resolder it without success. Looks like I'll have to get my wallet out :(

Right had an auto locksmith out hes supplied a new key fob and programmed it to the car, starts car fine but after 6 hours of him trying he can't get the central locking working off the new fob. Is there a sequence to get it paired to the central locking?