B8 2.0 tdi shake

Seary1996

Reaction score
happens at idle and at higher speeds car tends to shake and it seemed like it went into limp mode the other day kind of thinking it may fuelling issue/misfire but also sounds like maybe engine mounts just wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

I would think the same, inspect the engine mounts first.
One thing I have experienced intermittent shakeyness on my old b8 Diesel.. The DMF went a few weeks later.
It was perfectly fine to drive, peddle felt good, no slipping, everything to indicate a healthy clutch except I had experienced this random vibration/shaking at idle on a few occasions over the space of a month or so.. then one day it just went, chattering away like mad.

I would think the same, inspect the engine mounts first.
One thing I have experienced intermittent shakeyness on my old b8 Diesel.. The DMF went a few weeks later.
It was perfectly fine to drive, peddle felt good, no slipping, everything to indicate a healthy clutch except I had experienced this random vibration/shaking at idle on a few occasions over the space of a month or so.. then one day it just went, chattering away like mad.
I suppose it’s worth still checking engine mounts it seems similar to when I had my S3 that had a misfire and the car would shake quite badly, think I need to give everything a check over maybe change fuel filters etc just hope it isn’t anything like that how much roughly do they cost to replace?

Audi do fixed price clutch replacement, they quoted me something like 600, but think the DMF was more a tiny bit more on top.. Still very cheap for main stealer, you can always call for prices so you are armed :)
but I had a local place do it and I just sourced the DMF, clutch etc.. so was less than this. Problem was it couldn't of been diagnosed till it went as otherwise was healthy feeling.

Would be easier to diagnose a misfire on a petrol and cheaper (sparks, coils etc)!
As there are no spark plugs.. misfires on diesels as I understand is are more likely to be caused by faulty injectors, and they tend to be very expensive on diesels as they handle much higher pressure. Hopefully a knackered engine mount!

Really hard to advise online what it actually is, best bet is to get your hands on VDCS or similar to try diagnose it.