B7 Wingmirror Glass?

Ricky Burrows

Reaction score
Hello my lovely's I need the N/S and O/S wing mirror glass I've seen on ebay there £10 each new has anyone used these, do they fit ok? Or is there anywhere else that people recommend getting them? I haven't bothered to ring TPS as I've been ignorant in assuming there be a lot of money for a genuine part..

what glass do you have as there are different types fitted ?

Hello my lovely's I need the N/S and O/S wing mirror glass I've seen on ebay there £10 each new has anyone used these, do they fit ok? Or is there anywhere else that people recommend getting them? I haven't bothered to ring TPS as I've been ignorant in assuming there be a lot of money for a genuine part..
I have used eBay wing mirror glass to change out one with a crack on mine. They work fine imo.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Ebay's ones are fine as long as you get the correct ones best to take current one off and look at the pattern of the clips on back and make sure they match the ebay one as u can see from my purchase there are different on the back and fit differently.
4288a4034e65ef56f9b02b7c77f5f435.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Ebay's ones are fine as long as you get the correct ones best to take current one off and look at the pattern of the clips on back and make sure they match the ebay one as u can see from my purchase there are different on the back and fit differently.
4288a4034e65ef56f9b02b7c77f5f435.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Ok so it is actually the pattern that's different then rather than if its a plugged in unit or not? ill take it off today and have a look then thanks :icon thumright:

Check if you have autodimming & of course blind side as these affect the price.

Check if you have autodimming & of course blind side as these affect the price.
The one mirror the previous owner has stuck on some universal glass is there a way of checking if it has auto dimming or blindside? would the part number on the back possibly show that? (assuming there genuine ones already on)

There should be an oem part number on the back unless it has been changed before to aftermarket.

Blind side doesn't rely on any wiring, just how it's manufactured so you can decide yourself if you want or not when you buy glass, it's either a line separating the visual areas or the glass on the far right is distorted so to speak to show you your blind spot, dimming is a 2 pin connector, only works if you have autodimming rear view fitted, as per Rob, part numbers are on rear of original glass.

Blind side doesn't rely on any wiring, just how it's manufactured so you can decide yourself if you want or not when you buy glass, it's either a line separating the visual areas or the glass on the far right is distorted so to speak to show you your blind spot, dimming is a 2 pin connector, only works if you have autodimming rear view fitted, as per Rob, part numbers are on rear of original glass.
As the days went on and looked into it a bit more I've got the poverty spec non auto dim it has the two connectors but not auto dimming rear view mirror, I didn't have time to take them off today but I know what I'm looking for now so I think ill give the non gen ones a go, anything's better than what's on now..

I picked up a very good used oem pair for my old bus from ebay last year, £15 the pair inc post, immac condition and they have been great.

I picked up a very good used oem pair for my old bus from ebay last year, £15 the pair inc post, immac condition and they have been great.
One of mines cracked and the other has a replacement glass stuck on it which isn't even stuck on straight from previous owner so anything's an improvement right now.

Have a look on ebay Ricky, mine are not the super fandango ones either but I wanted to stick with oem ones , found a breaker selling a pair even though I only needed the passenger side , made an offer , job done.
OEM new are bonkers price , but oem ones are good quality items even good used ones.

I shall have a mooch now, I got a little caught up earlier whilst looking I somehow almost bought some bi xenon headlights before I realised that's not what I set out to find today and I bought a Lamborghini aventador sv roadster instead :)

Just my input. I have never liked the distorted section on mirrors like on mine. Just bug me. I prefer to move my head, having that extra look before manoeuvres lol.
20200503 145933

Last edited:
Just my input. I have never liked the distorted section on mirrors like on mine. Just bug me. I prefer to move my head, having that extra look before manoeuvres lol.
View attachment 202374
Tbh I've never thought about it or even had a look to see if my car or previous cars for that matter even have it, but thinking about it Id probably be the same and rather have the glass all clear.

Reactions: BakPak