B7 SLine honeycombe grill

darrenmarky

Reaction score
trying to locate a black inc surround honeycomb grill for the sline saloon ,any links or recommendations

rs4 grille then, good luck finding a used one then , very few decent used ones around & new ones are stupid money.

Are replicas not available for the S-Line bumper??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are replicas not available for the S-Line bumper??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've only come across one s-line compatible rep and that was in Australia.....otherwise nope none available, plenty of non s-line bumper ones around though, that's why rs4 ones are hard to find in good used cond and new ones are ££££££...audi are on a right old cash cow with B7 owners..

Trust me to buy the model you struggle to get stuff for ! On another note I've just found a lake in the bulk head! Thought the days of messing were over when I sold the day van

On another note I've just found a lake in the bulk head! Thought the days of messing were over when I sold the day van
I had the exact same problem when I first got mine, I had to use a snake-eye cam attached to my phone to find the bung! If I remember correctly it's surprisingly low down but directly below the left side of the battery.

I had the exact same problem when I first got mine, I had to use a snake-eye cam attached to my phone to find the bung! If I remember correctly it's surprisingly low down but directly below the left side of the battery.
Is it battery tray out job? I've read somewhere there's one below the servo as well

Just done mine ,did the guy who designed the battery clamp go down the pub for the afternoon before he made it,absolute clown of a place to get to

Is it battery tray out job? I've read somewhere there's one below the servo as well

I managed to get my arm down and under the battery from the front of the car. No removing battery etc. I found it suprisingly easy considering the amount of posts I read saying it would be quite difficult to do. Just feel around for the rubber grommet and pull it out.

You can reach round underneath and squeeze the bung to release the water but its probably full of rotting leaves and other detritus and will block up again quickly if you don't clean it out properly. Some people pop it out and leave it out altogether.

Back in the grill topic ,what grills fit the sline? Or has anyone painted one with normal paint ,not plastidip? I've painted loads of plastic can trims with standard paint

there's an RS4 grille in the b7 classifieds chap, just put up a while back.

Back in the grill topic ,what grills fit the sline? Or has anyone painted one with normal paint ,not plastidip? I've painted loads of plastic can trims with standard paint
Hi.
I have experience with spray painting grilles (my old S line and then the Rs4 one too)
2 coats of dark grey primmer 3 coats of gloss black and then as much clear coat as you can throw at it (otherwise you would have to keep repairing it after every winter due to the damn salt,stone chips etc..)
Obviously you don't want to spray on too thick coats on the sides and bottom in order to fit the grille back in the bumper.

Reactions: Jamie B D and J0N