B7 saloon vs avant windscreens

James2581

Reaction score
does anyone know if the b7 saloon / avant windscreen is the same??

Want to retrofit auto lights etc to my avant and have the complete setup in a saloon... before I get the window bloke to come look / cut mine out I want to know if they are diff / the same.

Cheers

As far as i'm aware they are they same but make sure you have all the right bits in the avant to plug your saloon setup into.

Do you have all the info regarding retrofitting auto lights? Ive started the job and only wired the CH/LH before getting stuck!

Cheers

Its a fair bit off work chap, quite a few have tried it and given up due to issues and it not working properly afterwards, is it really worth the work for the gains you'll get.

For me its more about speccing to old girl up as i intend to keep mine for a while, im finding wiring it all up using the oem wiring loom the confusing part.

What parts are actually required alex to do this then, apart from the appropriate windscreen and what does one gain after its all fitted.

I had a genuine headliner loom which contained the wiring for auto lights/ wipers etc that i butchered to make my own, new loom, windscreen sensor and jelly seal, auto lights switch and ch/lh switch if you are fitting that aswell. I bought all the parts from my good buddy.

I believe thats it, then its just a case of wiring and coding if im correct. This just gives you auto lights/wipers and CH/LH function too.

I have power fold mirrors on my old bus , i'm sure someone said they use the same loom as the ch/lh functions , any thoughts .

To be honest Rob, im not the best informed when it comes to the wiring side of our wagons. Power fold mirrors are on my to do list though, did you retrofit yours?

nope they were factory fit along with a few nice extra's like the adaptive headlamps which are excellent .
My old bus may not have RNSE or BT but makes up for that with a lot of other kit .

nope they were factory fit along with a few nice extra's like the adaptive headlamps which are excellent .
My old bus may not have RNSE or BT but makes up for that with a lot of other kit .

As we know the Audi specs are very peculiar! You would be impressed with my list of future retrofit jobs!

And dimming rear view and wing mirrors, if you have them fitted.

Im sure auto dim mirror is and easy enough mod, although i may be wrong!

Am i right in thinking the auto dim door mirrors could only be specced with full electric, memory seats? Some had a tilt function n/s door mirror when selecting reverse too!

have you got a high line power supply unit if you are taking the kit from a car that has it fittted allready then you will need this unit its the one under the dash drivers side.