B7 S4 radiator leak

michael63

Reaction score
i have got a B7 S4 estate and noticed a wet patch on the drive. i looked and found there are 3 radiators on the car, 1 main 1 at the front and 2 smaller ones each side of it. i found the one on the passengers side is leaking and wondered if any one else has had this problem?. its a 2005 '05' and has done 23,000 miles so surely it shouldn't have failed yet should it?

Could this be your AirCon radiator?
Im not 100% sure but just a guess as i know there is one there for the air con, and then it could just be condensation>

Radiators are a known issue (I think the auxiliary ones) so I'd get it looked at by the dealer ASAP. You dont want to cook a V8!!!s

Last edited:
Radiators are a known issue (I think the auxiliary ones)
That was true on the B6 but the cooling ducts to the auxiliary radiators have been redesigned on the B7 and reduced the problem greatly.

i took the car back to the garage i bought it from and they changed it under warranty luckily. where the air grilles are next to the driving lights, if you look up the passenger side grill you can see the radiator and the new one they've put in looks completely different to the original one the other side so maybe they are a problem and they changed the design as the new one looks a lot stronger