b7 rs4 de-limit n how fast

johnswales

Reaction score
:redrs4:Hi im looking to buy a b7 rs4 and just wanting to know has anyone had theres de-limted n how much did it cost n how fast does it go with it taken of thank you.:redrs4:

Standard B7 RS4s have been measured (using GPS) doing 168mph on German autobahns (so the 155mph limit isn't accurate), unlimited ones AFAIK only make it to just over 180mph - so it's big bucks for a small (and rarely usable) increase.

Before chip and de restrict mine hit 163mph (but thought would have gone more)

After chip and de restrict mine hit 175mph the other week (on a closed private runway)

Before chip and de restrict mine hit 163mph (but thought would have gone more)

After chip and de restrict mine hit 175mph the other week (on a closed private runway)
How much did the extra 12mph cost you?

im thinking around £500 atleast, not really worth it on NA engines to be honest. suppose it sharpens up the throttle response mind.

where did you have the chip done from then?

£1800......... I'll be getting my coat
That's why I asked - I already knew it was in excess of £1500 - seems like a poor deal to me in terms of mph per £.

A remap that removes the throttle opening restriction in the lower gears makes sense to me, but removing the limiter is only something I'd consider if it was thrown in for free.

The chip has made throttle response up to 5k more responsive always find the high revving not so good under 5k. It's the first v8 I have owned that you have to rev the knackers off it to make it move. Now the problem is better but still prefer a lower revving v8. Still looking seriously into supercharger route.

The chip has made throttle response up to 5k more responsive always find the high revving not so good under 5k.
The sound of a V8 doing 8250rpm is strangely addictive - you should try it more often (especially in a tunnel with all the windows open).

The sound of a V8 doing 8250rpm is strangely addictive - you should try it more often (especially in a tunnel with all the windows open).

Agreed lol. Also works well down narrow roads with buildings on both sides...

Had 165mph (on the clock) out of mine standard (abroad) and it still felt like it had some guts left. Felt planted too.

Supercharger (Danny RS4 on 246.com) I believe is running around 565bhp with a PES charger and silly torque. I would imagine well over £10k for that setup.
I've been quoted £4200.00 + vat for custom remap, Milltek valved non res, manifold polished and ported, cold air feed, & filters which will get me up to 465bhp ish. I'm currently just under 400bhp standard. You're right - a lot of money for the gains.

Spend £5k on a B5 RS4 and I'd love to see those figures.