B7 Retrofit MFSW / DIS Stalk

bobson78

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm newbie to this forum and I'm hoping you guys/gals might be able to give me some direction to retrofitting MFSW and DIS stalk to my 2005 B7 Sline Avant.

I know this subject has been covered quite a bit already, so apologies in advance, and I've come across quite a few useful threads on how to do the install but would appreciate it if anyone could help answer a few questions I have on parts needed.

As I understand it, I potentially need to get hold of the following parts:

- A4 B8 Steering wheel MFSW (want the silver surround on buttons with sline badge)
- Dis wiper stalk
- Control module / with cruise control feature (Is the part I need? 8E0953549Q?)
- Slip ring
- 4 pin connector
- Vag-com to update settings

Is there anyway I can find out whether my current 'control module' and 'slip ring' are compatible for this retrofit without taking the steering wheel off and dismantling all components? Will my VIN number hold this info if I ask a dealer? I have the three spoke steering wheel so am really hoping I don't have to replace all parts, but from what I've read imagine i probably will need to!

I would also at a later stage like to add cruise control and bluetooth module for MFSW. That will be next on the list then satnav!

I'd be most grateful if someone could confirm what the part numbers are of the above, and whether anyone here can point me in the right direction of sourcing the parts for best price? I've seen a few parts on fleabay but as I haven't started my xmas shopping yet thought I would get the heads up here first!

Also if anyone knows a contact in Littlehampton/ Chichester area they'd recommend who can do the install I'd be interested to get a quote?

Thanks so much in advance.

Will

Last edited:
I'm in the south east mate so could happily do the install for you, send me a PM & we can discuss it :)

Welcome to the forum.

I'm in the south east mate so could happily do the install for you, send me a PM & we can discuss it :)

Welcome to the forum.

Good news I spoke to the stealers today, and they confirmed when I gave them my chassis number, that i already have on my car following part numbers, which as I understand it, are exactly the parts I need for the retrofit of the MFSW (which I have recently just purchased!) :arco:

- Slip ring 4EO953541B
- Steering column switch module 8EO953549R

So hopefully all I need now is DIS wiper stalk 4E0 953 503 B 4PK and airbag Harness 4F0 971 589 A for the extra pins.

Now, the BIG question I guess, is there anyway I can realistically get these two parts and fitted before Xmas?!

NHN, can you help with this at all?? I have a suspicion getting these parts before xmas from my local dealer might be a bit ambitious!!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers

Will