B7 Cruise control retrofit coding help

Brodizzle95

Reaction score
Hello new here so sorry in advance for my lack of knowledge.

So thought I’d install retrofit CC into my b7, after research on here and finding guides to help with the coding I decided to do it. I have a MFSW so it would allow me to add CC with a simple install and quick code.

After installing I have used a snap on solus
16-Steering Wheel
And changed the relevant number from 4022 to 4042 the third number being the cruise control. Been told VCDS is different to this but the snap on tool tells you what to change the number to in order to allow CC function.

It states you have to go in 01-Engine and change enter ECU Login code 11463 but I am unable to find this or do so it only gives me an option to enable CC which I have tried but it’s unsuccessful.

The codes I’m getting back are saying the steering control module is incorrectly coded and that the cruise control module is defective-intermittent.

New to this so no flaming any help would be highly appreciated.

Should be though I can't tell you how on a Solus. you can on OBDeleven and VCDS.

Your steering wheel coding should be 04042.
Also trying coding the engine first, then steering wheel, I read somewhere it sometimes
takes a couple of tries before it works, assuming your module supports CC.

Last edited:
I am only seeing 4 numbers on the steering wheel coding that I can change where as your number is 5 digits. Also my SWCM is for a MFSW so was told they’d be no issues.

Will give it another try when I get chance and if no joys will have to use VAG-COM to code can see that being the only other issue

Also do you have a MFSW with Telephone and voice control?
My coding for 3 spoke MFSW with Telephone without voice control is 03041 this is for a saloon.
I guess you have an Avant.

Also do you have a MFSW with Telephone and voice control?
My coding for 3 spoke MFSW with Telephone without voice control is 03041 this is for a saloon.
I guess you have an Avant.

Yes that’s correct, I’m going to look at using VAG-COM to code think that’s what’s causing the problem.

Sounds like you need VCDS or Vagcom to change long coding in engine module.

clutch switch can be temperamental so check that is working also

Sounds like you need VCDS or Vagcom to change long coding in engine module.

clutch switch can be temperamental so check that is working also
This.

You'll also be able to see Measuring Block to see if you Clutch switch is causing an issue or not. (Worth buying new as there is a new superseded part)