B7 Balance Failure

ojp2007

Reaction score
Well the first i heard of the problem was today sadly its happened to me. Going to have to suck it up and pay sadly.

The balancer has apparently come through the front of the engine not sure of the damage extent yet. But pricing up the bits myself could anyone point me towards parts sites? tried a few but no prices so far. Concerned that the turbo may have gone too. I did less then 1m to get somewhere safe at the low pressure warning.

Thanks in advance

S

Thanks reading now. Although so far up to page 10 no links to part times. £1000 parts doesnt seem all that unreasonable so far..

sorry to here that mate, this is the 3rd one in a week that has been reported on these forums.

You can find audi driver magazine article regarding balance shaft failure here, there is lots of usefull info, a good summery of that massive thread you are currently reading

there are lots of aftermarket people selling stuff on ebay too, quick search and i found this on ebay

wow, that is staggering. Just hoping the turbo has not gone as well. Such a lovely car shame about this issue.

I'd only just begun the journey so hoping it didn't get too hot. Fingers crossed although you've planted a seed of doubt now

I don't understand how people are still being caught out by this extremely well known problem.

If you own one of these engines, get a grip and get it fixed before it DESTROYS your engine and costs you significantly more.

Stick it on a 0% credit card and pay it off at your own pace.

If you can't afford to do this, IMHO; you should have bought a Ford.

Peace.

G.

I don't understand how people are still being caught out by this extremely well known problem.

If you own one of these engines, get a grip and get it fixed before it DESTROYS your engine and costs you significantly more.

Stick it on a 0% credit card and pay it off at your own pace.

If you can't afford to do this, IMHO; you should have bought a Ford.

Peace.

G.

What a helpful post

Whilst the engines apart what else should I look to change given the oppertunity? Cam belt/clutch/flywheel have all done 20k. In thinking water pump?

Last edited:
Crank gear, as there is a revised part and original has a known weakness. Yes timing belt and water pump make sense.

cheers

matt

is it worth doing that given i had it done 20,000 miles ago?

Thanks

S

Last edited:
Well turbo dead. Not much change from £3k to be fair