1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

b7 avant de-chrome

s3matty May 5, 2015

1. s3matty

s3matty Member

Back on the Audi scene now have a b7 2005 tfsi avant.

Its black with chrome grill and chrome window surrounds

I don't like the chrome and want to make it black for a meaner look. Has anyone done this before and any guides how to go about it?

Also gear change. Absolutely terrible. Struggle to get first at junctions sometimes and crunches into second if you down change quickly. Also gear stick is sloppy.

Any decent upgrades to improve shifter feel? Seen the JHM upgrades but thats mega bucks.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. ajax1976

ajax1976 Well-Known Member

Vinyl wrapping the chrome is the best option taking into account the costs, wear and tear etc. Some have plastidipped it but it doesn't like or last where the door rubbers meet it. Painting is probably the best for wear and finish but very expensive as it's a very extensive masking operation to do it properly.

There's a guide in the Haynes manual on how to adjust the gear linkage, something I need to try myself.

4. Urban

Urban Member

mines booked in for all the chrome to be wrapped matt black end of the month, £125 will take 2 hrs and nothing needs removing, no brainer for me.

5. s3matty

s3matty Member

Sounds good mate where is that at?

6. Urban

Urban Member

up north mate, just google vinyl wrapping in your town something will pop up

7. R88RYY KING

R88RYY KING Member

Just had my wrapped. Only £40. Makes a huge difference. IMG-20151010-WA0000.jpg

8. WARN3R

WARN3R New Member

That looks really smart !!