B7 A4 bits

MaximOD

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just bought myself a black S-Line Special Edition 2.0t wagon, looking to do a few bits to it and am looking for the following;
  • RS4 front grille
  • RS4 ARB's
  • Spacers
  • Lowering Springs - preferably H&R
  • Maxton Designs Front splitter/side skirts
  • Tip and filter
If anyone has any parts/advice that would be great.

Cheers

MAx

There are a few bits on that list that you may have to look high and low for as used parts.

RS4 front grilles especially good undamaged ones are just so hard to find used these days, they are around but get snapped up very quickly so keep an eye out.
Same with RS4 Rear ARB, sometimes better to go new rather than wait.
I have some spacers depending on what size you want.
Springs, if your B7 is still running the original OEM s-line dampers, forget just getting new springs and look at a complete set of aftermarket springs /dampers, oem dampers and springs are pretty poor new let alone after lots of miles.

lots of bodykit stuff around so fewer issues getting that
TIP , new if you don't fancy waiting until ones comes up as it is also a sought-after part.
filter , easy to source unless you are going inducton kit .

Reactions: MaximOD
Ah Rob, you seem to be my white night at the moment.

What spacers have you got? TBH I was looking for the springs and spacers to improve the stance more than anything, and i know the coils are a little corroded from the last MOT.

BUT, have you got an opinion on the AP kit? https://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/ca...on-kita4-b7-avant-20052008-19tdi-20tfsi-20tdi

Need to be a little bit sensible cash wise and thinking that kit and some spacers would improve the handling and the stance significantly for not too much money.

Cheers

Max

AP kits are very good and very sensibly priced and well worth going with, they will transform your car.

spacers, assuming you have the factory 18" alloys on , then you want something like 10-12 on the rears and something thinner like 8's on the front otherwise it can end up looking like a tractor from the front, but personal preference really .

OEM dampers allways leak when they get old and springs corrode then snap on the bottom where they mount on the lower arm, common failure on b7's.
B7 upgrades and sensible spending are not really things that go together..lol.

factory 18" b7 alloys are 8J ET43 , so add on a 10mm spacer and your at ET33 which is fine and less chance of wheel arch liner rubbing.
I run 19" 8.5j ET38 without spacers or issues

Ha ha, yeah a few people have said that about the wallet. I think I will go for the AP kit, I like the idea of the 40/30 drop evening up the car a bit.

Did you say you had some spacers you wanted to sell?

I've actually got the DTM multi spoke wheels (I think). I need to pop some photo's up.

The 18" ronals found on the DTM are also fitted to the mk1 special editions and are 18" 8j ET43, the same alloys.
yes have a few in the garage with radius shoulder bolts for use with audi alloys, i will check sizes.

The 2wd are not as low on the rears as the quattro's for some reason, i used to have Bilstein B8 with H&R springs and it was brilliant, on KW coilovers now and better still.

The 2wd are not as low on the rears as the quattro's for some reason, i used to have Bilstein B8 with H&R springs and it was brilliant, on KW coilovers now and better still.
What would you recommend for standard S-Line ride height, Rob - not too pricey either? The lowering thing confuses me - I realise it's from standard height, but I wouldn't want the car to run any lower or any harder, just better, with better quality components? I'm getting all the suspension bushes done soon and I'm thinking of doing this too.

My car looks lower on the back then the front forsome reason. Not sure if the spirngs are just knackered.

IMG 4539

Reactions: tr7
Fair, thats why I quite like the idea of the 40/30 drop from the AP kit.

Reverse rake

Ahhh, there we go. Intrigued to see what people come back to with this.

This is a long running question and one that does have an answer.
I did comment on this very subject on the forum back in 2016.

The wording reverse rake is a bit misleading as there is no actual rake.
The illusion of a reverse rake is created due to the larger clearance area around the front wheel due to the steering rack etc which is mounted above, thus the larger void than the rear.
Lowering the front will effectively lower your front by whatever amount you choose and reducing the wheels gap in the front which will effectively improve the appearance substantially.
getting the right front to back setup is important as lowering the front will create rake .

In an Ideal world one would want to drop the front just a bit and raise the rear just a bit, nothing silly , not an easy task with fixed damper/spring combo's but very doable with coilovers.
But personal preference as lots don't like coilovers , but lots do.

Reactions: MaximOD
Coilovers worked a treat on my old wagon, highly recommend :thumbs up:

Reactions: MaximOD and Charlie Farley
I have 4 x 15mm hubcentric spacers surplus to requirements with bolts, I did have a pair of 10mm as well but decided to fit on my old bus last night.

probably the closest to the audi 18" design ronals you will find in a 19" format , and certainly a lot stronger and lighter .
IMG 6500

Reactions: Rob Avant
I have 4 x 15mm hubcentric spacers surplus to requirements with bolts, I did have a pair of 10mm as well but decided to fit on my old bus last night.
Oooohhhhh. Do you reckon they would rub if lowered on a 40/30 kit? The S-line is a bit lower than normal isn’t it so wouldn’t drop quite as much?

My avant has 19" 8.5j rims et 38 which works out as 11mm more poke than the factory setting if running 18" 8j et43 alloys.
Ive added 10mm on the rears ontop an dits fine , but i do have a slight stretch on the tyres being on an 8.5j rim and my rear suspension is slightly higher than the s-line by a few mm.
I cant see an issue with 15mm rear with the oem alloys

And after you saying the B&'s are a money pit Rob, my cambelt let go last night. I had just had a service and they recommended to change it so had it booked in for a couple of weeks time. Let go at about 10:30 last night.
So looks like I'm going to have to have the head rebuilt as there is no way of knowing if the valves have been bent without taking the head off. Any advice on this would be great.