B7 A4 Avant Bose Sub not working

dubdemand

VAG Addict
Reaction score
Hi there!

I collected my '56 plate A4 Avant on Wednesday and I was initially dissapointed with the audio and lack of bass...

On closer inspection it would seem that the Bose sub in the boot is not working at all, all other speakers are fine. I have used the search but haven't been able to find any answers to help me with the following quesitons:

Is it possible to change the sub only or is the amp/sub unit a single peice?
Also, does anyone have any tips on how to check if it's wiring probelms or the sub its self?

Really want to get this sorted ASAP as it's really letting the audio down :(

Thanks in advance for your help...

Last edited:
I believe the woofer is in the same assembly as the amp, and can be purchased separately. It could be a multitue of things, when mine stopped working it was the cone that had gone, and a simple change, but it could also be the sub channel that isnt working and that means a new amp.

You may also want to post on Audi Forum where there are some more technical bods that could shed some light on your problem.

Cheers for the info matey, will have a look on Audi Forum and see if I can get any further info there...

Will a multi meter be able to read if the amp is sending audio signal to the Sub? So far this is my best guess at how to find out if the issue is with the Sub or the Amp!

Well neither Audi forum or here were any help to be honest but I've got it sorted now... so thanks for nothing ;) :lol:

Guess it's not a common problem!

Turns out it was the phone mute kit!