B7 A4 Avant 19" wheel offset advice

dubdemand

VAG Addict
Reaction score
Hi there! I am currently watching a set of 19" rims which i would like to put on my Avant. Trouble is i am new to the A4 and whilst i normally like to research and form my own opinions i am worried that i am running out of time as the auction ends very soon.

The rims I am looking at are 19" ET35 and I am waiting for info regarding width and tyre sizes. If anyone has experience of what works best or knows of any links to threads that may already answer my dumb questions please post in here!?!

Thanks in advance for your time and help!

Replied to your pm. 35 is fine with 235/35 tyres. You won't get any rubbing and they will fill the arches nicely.

Cheers fella much appreciated! Just need to win the wheels now :D

I prefer an offset of ET45 as I think ET35 sit out a little to much on the front, but hey thats just my opinion.

Wheels were picked up and brought back this morning. Turns out they're 19x8.5 ET45 with 235 35 19 rubber. The wheels themselves are BBS LM reps.

Anyone have experience of these sizes and know of any potential issues?

I have a few days to wait before i get them on as i also need to get spigot rings so any help in the mean time is really appreciated!

Last edited:
When fitting the front wheels check the rear shoulder of the tyre against the suspension arm for clearance. I am running 245's on a set of 8.5J ET45's and had to fit a 4mm shim at the front. Yours should be fine but check it just to make sure. Rears will have no issues.

Nice one matey, sounds like I'll be fine then! Do you have a pics of yours anywhere so I gan get an idea of how it will sit?

Last edited:
Hmmm that's annoying! I have been unable to fit mine yet as i was sold them minus spigot rings and they still have not arrived in the post :(

How much would you guess they didn't clear the callipers by and do you have the same brakes that I have on mine? If they don't go straight on then I'll be turning to hub centric spacers to bring them out a bit.

Does anyone have any spacer advice they can offer me?
I have looked on eBay and there doesn't seem to be a lot of choice... What makes are good?
What width spacers are recommended front and rear?
Has anyone else had issues fitting 19x8.5 ET45 LM reps?
Will I ever get them on my ****** car?

Finally got them mounted now and with no clearance issues! Really pleased with it but does want more low - just waiting on some B5 spring plates!

IMG_0042web.jpg

More pics here!