B7 3.0tdi Quattro: Good remap in Scotland or North England

preston6566

Reaction score
Hi folks,

New owner of B7 3.0tdi Quattro Sline in quartz grey. Absolutely loving the car!! And the mid range torque. Hope it snows so too so I can laugh at BMW drivers (one of which I used to be!!!).

However, after a remap soon-ish. I live near Glasgow but want a good map for my new pride and joy so have now issues travelling up to 200 miles for the correct map. Not looking for anything outrageous thats going to put heavy stress on the car just a good quality safe map.

Heard Star Performance in Kirkcaldy are good. Not really sure who else though. Any help is much appreciated.

Any recommendations?

Cheers

Got my shark one done by Mark at Brotek, has made a noticeable difference to performance, particularly mid range which I actually though was my engine's weak spot(not sure about fuel economy though!). I see he can now do the egr delete at the same time which is probably something I will get him to do some time soon.

Has the fuel economy taken a dunt then? I wasn't sure if it would!! When I remapped my mk iv golf few years ago it actually made

Want mpg or miles to a tank u getting?

How much was the map mate if you don't mind me asking? And how much extra is the erg delete?

Mark posts on here regularly, I think it was in the region of £400. There was no egr delete option when I got mine done so I don't know if there is a further cost implication there but I'm sure he'll be able to sort you out.
Re fuel economy, I wouldn't say it's taken a dunt as such, more that there's not any real noticeable difference. I average about 34ish, but came from a subaru so i'm actually fine with that.
The map completely changes the car, for the better, I would go for it if I was you and would be interested in how you find the egr delete.

Thanks Stevie, always good to get someone else's opinion.

anyone else got any info on any other tuners?

cheers

stuart

It's also worth considering Superchips bluefin, you download their remap onto this device then plug and play, excellent after sales service as we'll :)