B7 2.0T Quattro

sinbadfury

Reaction score
I will be trading up from a B6 1.9Tdi in september and am seriously considering the 2.0T Quatto S-Line B7

Has anyone had good/bad experiences with it? How fast does it 'feel' etc?

Should I be staying with diesel version? Mileage to gallon is not really a factor for me, as I got bored with the 550miles+ each fill...felt too sensible :)

I've just got a 2.0TFSI Sline (fwd). All i can say is wow. Excellent car, loads of grip and a hoot to drive. With you going for a quatty, you might what to think about a re-map, just to make up for the extra weight ;-)

Sounds good!
I aint hellbent on the quattro it's just having come from a front wheel drive tdi,
do you have any problems getting all the power down in yours, as min used to spin quite a bit

No problems with putting power down.... I run a PD150 Bora as well and the the torque curve in that is very viscious compared to the A4. The torque comes in quite gradually on the 2.0TFSI so you don't get a manic wheel spinning episode when flooring it in low gears.

Get the quattro if you can afford it, its much better at just every day driving, pulling out of junctions etc. The car itself is great other than the over harsh suspension which spoils an otherwise faultless car in my opinion. I think it can spin the wheels the way the turbo comes in off the mark especially if the roads are wet and thats what you get with most cars over 200ps...

go for it

Oh yeah, I agree go for the quattro if you can, but for the equiv price'd FWD you could get some nice extras in it. yeah you can spin the wheels from pulling away, but it's no where near as bad as the VAG diesels are with the way the torque hits in one big wallop

Cheers guys.

I guess it will come down to price really at the end of the day, but I must admit I will regret if I dont at least try out the Quattro...just the small thing of a wedding to pay for first and then roll on project Quattro...will let all know how it all works out...oh btw...any suggestions on good dealers in the Oxford bristol area? I will be buying from UK and importing to Ireland...dont think they know what a quattro 2.0t is over here ;-)

sinbadfury said:
Cheers guys.

I guess it will come down to price really at the end of the day, but I must admit I will regret if I dont at least try out the Quattro...just the small thing of a wedding to pay for first and then roll on project Quattro...will let all know how it all works out...oh btw...any suggestions on good dealers in the Oxford bristol area? I will be buying from UK and importing to Ireland...dont think they know what a quattro 2.0t is over here ;-)

Deffo go for 2.0T, but don't opt for 18" wheels... "The roads in Ireland have no potholes".

If you go for FWD, don't get S-line, for the same reason.

Why let a wedding get in the way!