B7 2.0T FSI Quattro Remap

Jamerson

Reaction score
Hello all,

although I joined the forum ages ago, I've been a bit rubbish in actually posting - I do some lurking without posting!

Anyways, I decided to take the plunge and got my 2.0T FSI Quattro S Line Avant remapped yesterday so thought I'd let you all know about it.

Had it done here - http://www.zimotorsport.com/

I've only taken it for a few blasts up and down a few dual carriageways and into work this morning but, it is so much more responsive. It's like it's more 'alive' if that makes sense!!?
Comes on boost quicker, less gearchanges required and it's just faster.

The guy at Zi said he does loads of the TSFI remaps - Seats, Golfs, Audis, Skodas and they work really well.
I've gained around 40 BHP and 80NM of torque or so apparently - it feels like anyway!

Anyway, if you have a stock 2.0 TFSI, get it done!!

I hope this isn't the start of a power addiction!!

I'd already changed the diverter valve, injectors and had a new camshaft due the suffering from the well documented cam follower wear issue.
Having spent a bit on it this year, I've decided to hang onto it for a little longer, so thought I'd have a bit of fun with it!!

Cheers!

Mines also done with similar figures. you can certainly tell the difference. Although I am now used to the extra power on the most part, it still surprises me when U need to use it. I thankfully have not got the more power bug in as far as mods go. My next car will be an S4 tho I reckon.

It's a slippery slope as I've been there. I had a stage 1 2.0 T FSI. I now have a B8 S4. :) Join me :)

Reactions: Av4nt
Yes scotty!!! one day :p Tell me scotty... V6T is it as nice or nicer than the B7 4.2L sound?
My instant choice always points towards the B7 V8 but then ive never owned a B8 model of anything to know what they are like.

Yes scotty!!! one day :p Tell me scotty... V6T is it as nice or nicer than the B7 4.2L sound?
My instant choice always points towards the B7 V8 but then ive never owned a B8 model of anything to know what they are like.

I've never heard a B7 S4 in the flesh so I don't know is the answer! However, I love the sound of the V6. Fuel economy wise the B8 is less likely to make you cry. It can do 30mpg on a good day which is the same as my stage 1 B7 would manage. My current average from new is 24.7mpg. Also the engine is a cracker for future tuning potential. There's the now infamous Chris Harris Revo S4 vs. RS4 YouTube video and also this one if you haven't seen it...

Sorry for the thread hijack Jamerson! I lasted 12 months with the remapped B7 before moving on. The remap made the car what it really should have been from the factory. Enjoy it! :)

Awesome. Keep geting confused here lol my surname is Jameson!!

smart - looks good and sounds good.

I don't think I'll manage a year as I've had the car for 6 1/2 years and was ready to change it earlier in the year.
Then, after having to spend on it, I decided to hang on for a short while.