B7 2.0 egr/dpf issues

steven_smyth904

Reaction score
been having problems with my car since I brought it and now I've pulled the egr and cooler to clean them out and found the valve in the cooler is snapped into 3 peices.

Question is can I remove the egr and map it out of the ecu and it not affect/ damage the dpf?

It's my first dpf car so not all that clued up about them does it work with the egr to do the regens or do they work by themself?

Any help would be great as don't really want to pay £400+ for a new egr cooler as it's a dealer only part.

Reactions: Arrkon
BRD (170)

My educated opinion is that the EGR plays no real part in the regen process, but as Steve has had so many issue (in 3 months) we're running out of things to look at.

hard to start when cold, foul smell from the exhaust, boost all over the shop (had both under and overboost codes thrown), erratic idle...

not to mention already replaced the CPS and pre turbo EGT sensors (flagged faults).

PPD - VW did do injector recall on these.
Whenever, I've tuned these I've always done dpf and egr off together. On some newer car the egr is used during regen so you need to be careful.
I've started to see lot of cars coming in that have same issue - smell toxic on idle and people think this is because the dpf is removed. However, often its poor injectors that are causing this bad smell and white smoke.
When the car is used for short journeys this causes the dpf to be in regen mode more often and in the end damage is done to the nozzle.