b6 turbo upgrade

alex mcclenaghan

Reaction score
hi guys i have a b6 1.9 tdi quattro and looking to upgrade my turbocharger what would people recommend as a decent supplier not looking for massive power 180 to 200 bhp would be more than enough more interested in reliabilty

Which engine code do you have? 5-speed manual gearbox I suspect?
Common upgrade for the 1.9 TDI PD version is the BV43 turbo of the 170hp 2.0TDI out of the A4 B7, together with a set of ARL/ASZ 150hp injectors. With a proper downpipe will go to roughly 200hp... but be aware the OEM clutch will not last long(if at all...) with the higher torque..

Which engine code do you have? 5-speed manual gearbox I suspect?
Common upgrade for the 1.9 TDI PD version is the BV43 turbo of the 170hp 2.0TDI out of the A4 B7, together with a set of ARL/ASZ 150hp injectors. With a proper downpipe will go to roughly 200hp... but be aware the OEM clutch will not last long(if at all...) with the higher torque..
avf 6 speed new clutch and dmf

You can get 180 bhp with standard turbo .
yes with mapping ,but my car has 100k+ on it and im looking for an upgraded turbo to give added reliability as well as a bit of performance boost not over the top results and wondering who people would recommend for upgraded turbos and in all honesty price isn't an issue just there is so many companies