B6 to B7 Cab rear lights

Hi Ime in stoke on trent just done the B6 to B7 Light up-grade and need them re codeing anyone local who can help ?

Yhanks in advance Dave

I sorted mine out by changing the settings with Vagcom. My ever helpful local garage sorted it out in seconds.

Hello.
I'm posting here in first time now.
I do some research this issue but even kufatec hasn't give me solution.
I purchased b7 rearlights and kufatec wiring abapter, now I get bulb fault in reverse light and foglight. I make brake light dimming all ready but this is not fix the problem.
Can anyone get work in 100% this lights?
R Tony

Why can't I find the "kufatec wiring abapter"?
Can someone send a link or a part number?

I just bought a 2004 S4 Cabriolet and it has newer B7 tail lights. One reverse light is out. I replaced the bulb, then the entire light assembly and still no reverse light on the drives side. There is an adapter attached to this tail light but there is not a part number on it. I am assuming this piece is my problem?

Why can't I find the "kufatec wiring abapter"?
Can someone send a link or a part number?

I just bought a 2004 S4 Cabriolet and it has newer B7 tail lights. One reverse light is out. I replaced the bulb, then the entire light assembly and still no reverse light on the drives side. There is an adapter attached to this tail light but there is not a part number on it. I am assuming this piece is my problem?
Hi.

I have kufatec adapter but doesn't work. My reverse light and fog light aren't work at all.
Maybe I have to try newer light module if it's helps.

I read that b7 only has one reverse light and b6 has two.? My local inspection place didn't care. They want two revers lights. I just bought two used stock tail lights on eBay for inspection day/s. Hopefully there isn't a flash that will make the original light wacky? I don't want to deal with any flashing yet, I just have too many other things going on. My BMW is a flashing nightmare. So if Audi is similar I am not ready.

I am being done some research of this case, so I make deseason try for b7 light control module, part number last letter are N and seems like this is capable change coding in rearlights.
So kufatec wiringloom aren't work every car like as mentioned.

I just installed a piar of original tail lights and the drivers reverese light still doesn't work. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I just installed a piar of original tail lights and the drivers reverese light still doesn't work. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Do you have RHD or LHD car? LHD has rear foglight in left side and reverse light in right side.
Do you have kufatec adapter cables?

I have a US car so the steering wheel is on the left side. I thought it was the Euro cars that had the fog light on the left. If it is a fog light how do I turn it on to show the inspector? Just pull out on the light switch?

The upgraded lights that were in the car had an adapter on just the drivers side. I removed it when I put the stock light in. I thought it was strange that only one side had an adapter.

I ordered a HEX-V2 from Ross-Tech and a used contol module 8E0907279F from eBay.

I have a US car so the steering wheel is on the left side. I thought it was the Euro cars that had the fog light on the left. If it is a fog light how do I turn it on to show the inspector? Just pull out on the light switch?

The upgraded lights that were in the car had an adapter on just the drivers side. I removed it when I put the stock light in. I thought it was strange that only one side had an adapter.

I ordered a HEX-V2 from Ross-Tech and a used contol module 8E0907279F from eBay.
Kufatec adapter not fit us models. Harness with resistors belongs left side.
Lastest controlmodule last letter are N.

When you say " Harness with resistors belongs left side. "
Does that mean there is a stock harness with a resistor on the left side.
Or does it mean if you install upgraded B7 lights you need to install harness with resistor on the left side.

If the Kufatec adapter doesn't fit US cars.
Do US cars have this issue with fog vs. reverse lights?
My local inspection station never heard of this they have been doing inspections for over 20 years. Never seen a Audi with one reverse light.

I am thinking the previous owner programmed out the left reverse light.?
or the control module is bad.
Is the latest contolr modual (letter N) compatible with my 2004 Cab?

I'm going to install the harness with resistor on the left side with the stock light and see what happens.

Thanks,
LittleG

I just tried to put the harness that was installed with the upgraded lights and it doesn't connect to the stock lights.

My car has fog lights in the front and I can't seem to get them on either. I tried with the lights on and pulling the light switch straight out.

Maybe there is a fuse for the fogs. I'll try to find that. I don't even know where the fuse box is yet.

I found the fuse box and location 19 does NOT have a 15a fuse in it. I'll go buy an assortment of fuses in a bit and see what happens.

Location 19 in my fuse box is empty, it's an empty slot, no metal connectors just a blank platic slot.

The car does know the light is out. When I put the car in reverse it say "Left Reversing Light" on the display. It's not the bulb or socket or the connector or wires in the left tail light area. What else can it be? Where does the reverse light wire come from? From the control module, the reverse switch on the tranny or from the right hand side reverse light or what?

I ended up using a universal license plate light socket in the left tail light assembly. It is being powered from the right side reverse light power and grounded from the right side brown too. And duck taped in place. It worked perfect for the inspection. Not sure why the same trick would NOT work with the stock socket?

I removed the original mickey mouse wired lights when I got home and put the upgrade lights back in. I will be receiving the used control module and the HEX-V2 cable soon. So I will continue to sort this out and report back.

I got the HEX-V2 cable and used and old crappy window laptop running xp. Connected to the car no problem. Ran the diagnostics and it seemed to read every module in the car. Then I disabled the seat belt chime. WOW, I love this software and cable. It is night and day to what I went through with my 335xi. Worth every penny for the cable.

It is Thanksgiving so I will wait to continue playing.