B6 S4 instrument cluster in B7 A4?

JamieOS

Resident Eejit
Reaction score
Is it possible to fit a 2003 B6 S4 cluster in a 2005 B7 A4 1.8T BFB? I've just bought the B7 and I've got the clocks lying around from an old B6 breaker I've got. I would just swap the faces of the clocks, but the B7 has a kilometers speedo so it would be off if I just swapped faces. Thanks in advance!

I've had the clocks changed in my B5 (old ones were dying causing the immobilizer to not let me start the car) so I know a guy who could do it. He was able to copy over the milage and everything. Another friend of mine said that there might be a difference with the imobilizer version in the clocks and that I might have to use a B6 key fob/chip. That's mostly what I was worried about. The other thing was that the B7 clocks Speedo is in Kph and the B6 is MPH. If both were the same, I could just easily swap the faces.

Dont you have to use ignition/key cluster and ecu from the same car? AS far AS i know there is different versions of immo from b6 to b7. Is IT rbb4 in b6 and rbb8 in b7?

So I'm screwed. Pity the B7 has its clocks in KPH because it's an Irish model. If it wasn't for that, I could just swap over the faces. I don't want to pay a fortune for a set of clocks from Germany or somewhere only to rob the faces out of them either.