B6 S4 brakes on a B6 1.8T

kenny_boon

Reaction score
Hi all,

im thinking of changing the front calipers, discs, carriers and pads to S4 ones.
do you think this is a worthwhile improvement? anyone done it before?

kenny

Considering a brake upgrade myself as nearly killed myself the other day when the brakes just faded at 90 plus, been in to see John @ Bedrock waiting on him getting back to me with prices for new discs/pads, would love the brakes he has on his Cupra the Brembo kit but can't justify the cost which I can imagine would be very high.

As soon as I hear back pricewise i'll let you know, by the way how does the Miltek sounds feel, did you feel any difference in response/power?

I have the same car as you except its not Quattro :( , did not think too much at the time about it when i got car 2 years ago now regret as hard to get power down as car has been Revo'd.

Live local to Bedrock so if we could meet that would be good for me to see/hear exhaust and you to try the re-mapped 190bhp although as I said its not Quattro.

Cheers

hi mate, my car is going into bedrock on wednesday nite and will be there all day thursday to get the TIP taken off, so if your nearby just pop in to see them :)

ive been offered a set off an S4, think they are 345mm as apposed to 312mm standard?

Yeah will do m8, if you have been offered them at a sensible price id go for it.

Yeah, went in last week, got my discs on order, had a drive of John's Curpa R which has the discs im getting, really really good from speed. Discs are Rotordiscs see here,
www.rotordiscs.com