1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

B7 B6 RS4 SUPERCHARGED BUILD THREAD.... YES B6 RS4!

Iconic78 Nov 5, 2016

1. Iconic78

Iconic78 Registered User

Hi Guys,(and Girls)
    Im James and as you can see i'm new to this forum although have been on AZ for years. Live here in the sandpit aka Dubai(Im a Brit) where the cars are cheap although the parts are not and knowledge is lacking! I'm looking forward to my time on here.

Anyways about this thread, So this is something that I've messed around for a while but now it's finally happening.

The plan was simple; to build something that Audi didn't - A B6 RS4 albeit with slightly more power courtesy of a JHM stage 1.5 supercharger kit and a host of other goodies. -There project is a "Go big or go home" project!

I started with a ROW 2006 B7 RS4, a 2004 Japanese imported S4 and just a Regular A4 for the body panels.

These were all running, driving cars before i begun.

The original RS4 had all euro spec seats etc and was a good base to begin with. I actually used it as a my daily driver for 5 months.

I went to JHMotorsport and with the help of Dru/Jake/David over there bought their entire parts catalogue(no joke) including the stage 1.5 intercooled supercharger kit.

Wheels are Rohanna RC7 20" 11's rear & 10's on the front with some P-zero's wrapped around them. ET 28 & ET 33 with 10 mm spacers.

Euro wingbacks retrimmed in german napa leather and Italian alcantara.

Car is being painted in Mercedes Benz cardinal red metallic with extra metallic. (This was before i knew about Audi's own Volcano Red from their Exclusive program). But its very similar so sticking with that.

Ive included all the photos so far of the build and its progress. Ill also post a video i made a few days ago. Feel free to ask any questions.

Attached Files:

THQuattro, daytonamart and Scottyg like this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Iconic78

Iconic78 Registered User

this is the video of the build so far that i mentioned earlier

daytonamart likes this.
  4. adamss24

adamss24 Registered User

I know it's your time and money but why break 3 cars in order to build another one ? Looks like an interesting project however wrong in my opinion !

5. Scottyg

Scottyg Registered User

Very interesting project. Looking forward to seeing the finished car.
    Welcome along to ASN. Enjoy.
    IMG_1035.GIF

6. Iconic78

Iconic78 Registered User

I guess in the pursuit of being different; the S4 is still a drivable car minus a few parts and the A4..well that's toast! I got a really good deal on the RS4 in the 1st place so it made. The guy didn't really know what he had!

The big difference here over the UK or Europe is the cost of cars. everyone prefers newer models and old is not the thing to have so for someone like me it makes builds like this affordable(in my mind).

7. Iconic78

Iconic78 Registered User

Thanks. Still a fair way to go to be completed but timewise it shouldn't be too long; maybe a 3/4 weeks.

Scottyg likes this.
  8. Iconic78

Iconic78 Registered User

Just received the Carbon Fibre Boot and bonnet-B6 of course. Also was lucky enough to find a brand new Votex lower bumper and grills so will be adding that.

Scottyg likes this.
  9. adamss24

adamss24 Registered User

Well, each to Their own ! The way I see it the rs4 is starting to appreciate and it will hold value a lot better than the s4 modified will ever do, however it's your time and money and if you want to do something different then that's fine by me ! Good luck with the project and look forward to see the finished article !

10. Iconic78

Iconic78 Registered User

In any other country i would agree with you but its just not the case; Unless your car is a true classic and american they just don't care for them. The car market here is strange, unless your driving the newest car or something within the last couple of years then its not worth that much.

I think people's opinion will change once its completed and the hardest part of grafting the B6 panels on to the RS4 is now done. It will be one of those Marmite builds; you either love it or hate it!

11. BigCat

BigCat Registered User

Can't wait to see this finished....best of luck with it...

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. technics100

technics100 Registered User

Great thread.. Can't wait to see it finished.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

14. Iconic78

Iconic78 Registered User

15. pule333

pule333 Registered User

No updates here either :(

16. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

He been away on business so I expect an update soon