B6 Cabriolet roof warning light flashing 10 times

DrStrange

Reaction score
Hi Chaps,

I have a B6 Cabriolet and only up until a month ago, opened up roof for the first time. (Purchased car in November last year).

Touch wood, the roof seems to be fine as it opens and closes going through all of its phases.

The issue as above, is that when I start the car, the roof warning light flashes 10 times and then goes out.

Ive read the manual (which doesnt have specific info containing the 10x flashing light) and other forums which suggest a faulty mechanical competent but im fortunate in that the roof is fully functioning.

I thought I kinldly ask for help/suggestions rather than asking 'Vagrpro' on here just yet.

As always any help would be appreciated.

(unfortunately I don't have VCDS)

Dan.

I could be anything that contributes to the roof. Mine did it when I first got my car and I cleared the code and it hasn't come back in 3 years....

Friend of mine has a cab and his started doing it, roof operated fine but the light flashed when starting the car, turned out to be the wires going into his drivers door had all split and cracked which caused no signal to the door control module. Soldered all the wires back together and the light has stopped flashing.

Thanks VagCabby!

Yes, I thought it might be a generic code for ''Something's wrong but I dont know what the f*ck it is?!''

I heard something about re-setting the battery too?

I suspect clearing the codes meaning using VCDS?

I hope it turns out to be something trivial.

From what i remember Doc its the IQ sensor!

May just need software updating sometimes it throws dtc 2000 code but its actually the software that's out of date and not the switch the fault code says.

May just need software updating sometimes it throws dtc 2000 code but its actually the software that's out of date and not the switch the fault code says.

Thank you for the heads up. Very Helpful

I work in Sutton so not far at all, I'm on earlys next week if you would like to meet me half way I could scan it for you?

I work in Sutton so not far at all, I'm on earlys next week if you would like to meet me half way I could scan it for you?

That's very kind of you! Yes that works, pretty much any morning next week. What time are we talking about?

You can PM me if you prefer, or vice versa.

Hi guys im a few years off from this post haha,but was wondering if their was a fix for this as i too have the same problem(A4 B7 cab)
Went through the car wash a few days ago and later noticed the soft top warning light flashes 10 x upon turning ignition on.
At the moment the roof is working ok apart from a little wurring noise coming from the roof motor upon start up.(cant remember if it done this before but sure id have known)

I too dont have use of a VCDS i took it to my local Garage who told me their scanner was VCDS and charged me £35 for the pleasure,but have since found out their tool was the wrong one(conned )
Anyway im looking for some advice before the roof implodes on itself haha.
Thanks in advance guys

Hi Gary.

Welcome mate .

I'm rarely on here but you caught me especially at a good time. As far as I know, the 10 flashes roof icon will always go it's thing. I've had mine repaired so to speak by Khurram at VAG pro and it's always flashed 10 times on start up, so I wouldn't worry .

What I would check is that noise you mention. But we really need to NOT guess and scan the car. If you're anywhere near South or west London, I can scan it .

Likely causes are the motor itself or perhaps a micro switch.

Let us know .
Dan

Hi guys im a few years off from this post haha,but was wondering if their was a fix for this as i too have the same problem(A4 B7 cab)
Went through the car wash a few days ago and later noticed the soft top warning light flashes 10 x upon turning ignition on.
At the moment the roof is working ok apart from a little wurring noise coming from the roof motor upon start up.(cant remember if it done this before but sure id have known)

I too dont have use of a VCDS i took it to my local Garage who told me their scanner was VCDS and charged me £35 for the pleasure,but have since found out their tool was the wrong one(conned )
Anyway im looking for some advice before the roof implodes on itself haha.
Thanks in advance guys

Reactions: SteveMcB
I had the dreaded carbon brush issues a few times, cured by getting Khurram to refurb the motor, but still have the flashing light. Touch wood roof has been working fine for a while now so I'd agree with Dan, it's the strange noise I'd be more worried about. I think the warning light can also be linked to the state of the battery.

Reactions: DrStrange
Hi Gary.

Welcome mate .

I'm rarely on here but you caught me especially at a good time. As far as I know, the 10 flashes roof icon will always go it's thing. I've had mine repaired so to speak by Khurram at VAG pro and it's always flashed 10 times on start up, so I wouldn't worry .

What I would check is that noise you mention. But we really need to NOT guess and scan the car. If you're anywhere near South or west London, I can scan it .

Likely causes are the motor itself or perhaps a micro switch.

Let us know .
Dan
Cheers Dan i have been in touch with Khurram via hes website at vagpro.co.uk
I think i have found someone relatively close to me(Enfield North London)that has the correct scanner So will try and get to him within the next few days,if this doesn’t happen id be prepared to pop over to south or west London if your offer where to stay open.
Thanks again mate

I had the dreaded carbon brush issues a few times, cured by getting Khurram to refurb the motor, but still have the flashing light. Touch wood roof has been working fine for a while now so I'd agree with Dan, it's the strange noise I'd be more worried about. I think the warning light can also be linked to the state of the battery.
Cheers Steve all help welcome,i will check with your solution too.
Thanks Guys

No worries my man and good to hear you're local.

To be honest, is be willing you meet you half way or even further as it's an excuse to take the car out.

Good luck with it but indeed let me know .
Khurram is a great guy and from you, it's less than 2 hours to him .

Cheers Dan i have been in touch with Khurram via hes website at vagpro.co.uk
I think i have found someone relatively close to me(Enfield North London)that has the correct scanner So will try and get to him within the next few days,if this doesn’t happen id be prepared to pop over to south or west London if your offer where to stay open.
Thanks again mate

You definitely know more than me on this one Steve but I remember Khurram saying the same to me and not to be worried by the roof flashing light as it could be my battery.

Enjoy the cabby as much as you can

No worries my man and good to hear you're local.

To be honest, is be willing you meet you half way or even further as it's an excuse to take the car out.

Good luck with it but indeed let me know .
Khurram is a great guy and from you, it's less than 2 hours to him .[/QUOTE
Cheers Dan i may take you up on that offer if this other guy doesnt come good,is there a way of getting your number without posting it on here? Thanks again mate

Cheers Dan i may take you up on that offer if this other guy doesnt come good,is there a way of getting your number without posting it on here? Thanks again mate

No worries at all. Yes sure.
Here you go. Drop me a text any time.

Just remove all the 1's after each number haha

Ha cheers Dan now i know why they call you DrStrange you seem to have one digit less on that number... unless i counted wrong

Haha sorry! Dr strange is based on my favourite marvel character even though I'm a grown man .

Sorry to be a riddler. 057595651535856525858

Remove all 5's

Hi dan got the scan back today,after he cleared codes and light we did test on roof and second scan came back clear Well other than a misfire

Fantastic! Good to hear!

Means it should be absolutely fine.

Personally, from time to time I like to do a manual reset of the roof. This means, opening up the roof with the manual key, and closing it up again.

Any help, let me know.
Hi dan got the scan back today,after he cleared codes and light we did test on roof and second scan came back clear Well other than a misfire