B6 Bumper Options.

quattrojames

Staff member
Reaction score
I have written this to try and help people with all their Gmbh/Votex confusion.... It's compiled from my knowledge, but as always I'm happy to be corrected if I have got anything wrong. The pictures are taken from the picture thread, in no particular order, just as I saw a nice shot of the bumper I was looking for.

Part numbers are shown in the relevant post in the seperate sticky:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-a4-cabriolet-s4-forum-b6-chassis/118739-b6-part-numbers-thread.html

There are three bumper options fitted to the B6 A4's.

Standard Front.

The standard front was fitted to Sport/SE models until mid-late 2003, I am not aware that this was ever colour coded from the factory.

A standard unpainted front:

CIMG3852.jpg

audrey2crop2.jpg

A standard unpainted rear Valance:

6909920125_8f6d7cff18_b.jpg

A standard colour coded front:

009-5.jpg

GMBH/S-Line Front.

Then from this point onwards, Sport models came with a colour coded Gmbh front and rear, (so named because it was designed by Audi's styling house Quattro Gmbh). The SE's retained the standard front but it became colour coded front and rear. Gmbh cars also came with door blades (smaller than the S4 ones). Late model B6's were badged as S-Lines and were ONLY available with the 1.8T engine in fwd and quattro guise, and the Gmbh front often gets the 'S-Line' front nickname. It's also known as the UltraSport or USP kit in America.

This is a very popular retro fit. It is possible to trim the standard upper to accept the Gmbh lower:

B6 A4: Ultrasport Lower Front Bumper with Stock Upper

USP Front Lip Conversion: Fabrication & Fitment (Lots of pics)

A Gmbh front:

London064.jpg

carawesome1.jpg

2011-07-29124034.jpg

The rears vary depending on whether it's a diesel with no exhaust cut outs, a 2.0 with one on the nearside, or a 1.8T or 3.0 with twin cutouts.

A Gmbh rear valance:

Avant_rear_ps.jpg

London116.jpg

P1000411.jpg

This is an unpainted USP kit:

cf5702a3-031a-31a0.jpg

And here's Colins S-Line, just cos:

IMG_0195-1.jpg

VOTEX.

Then there is the Votex bodykit, this was (I think) available as a dealer fit option.

Votex front:

DSC_0125.jpg

IMG_0719-1.jpg

DSCF0585.jpg

CIMG0357-1.jpg

Votex rear, again this differs between diesel and petrol versions:

DSC_0115.jpg

DSCF0593-1.jpg

See THIS thread for the stunning way in which the Votex bumper can be integrated:

perfilf.jpg

Cupra splitters are a popular fit to all styles of front bumper (part number in seperate sticky):

Standard front:

Sept11004.jpg

Gmbh front:

2011_0924_142446AA.jpg

S4 front:

100_0398.jpg

Then of course the S4 comes with it's own unique bodykit:

S4 front:

PB260179.jpg

Dsc00493.jpg

S4 rear:

100_0390.jpg

Dsc00483.jpg

Right this has taken me a while, but will hopefully answer the question thats asked most!

I've grabbed pics as I came across them, please feel free to suggest more suitable ones, ie both the standard fronts on Dolphin Grey cars don't show it up that well. Where possible I want cars which are largely cosmetically standard as this helps to differentiate between the different styles better. And good quality photo's which nicely illustrate the relevant part.

Please feel free to add bits, ask questions and make suggestion, but lets try and stay on topic as much as possible.

:icon_thumright:

Door Blades.

All door blades are removable and exchangeable between B6 and B7 Avant and Saloon models, see seperate sticky thread for part numbers. They're easily removed by unscrewing the two screws inside the door, one at each end allowing them to slide out.

IMG_0721.jpg

I'll probably swap these pics as I find better ones. If anyone has a picture of two or all three blades side by side please let me know.

Standard Blades.

These were unpainted on ALL cars pre Gmbh kit, and body coloured on SE cars since then. These are really just a trim at the bottom of the door.
Emma006.jpg

Doorrings001-2.jpg

Gmbh Blades.

As fitted to Gmbh bodykit equipped cars, these are more flared than standard.

425060_10150561201272841_650577840_8687659_401051962_n.jpg

5a376734.jpg

S4 Blades.

Standard fitment only on S4's. Unsure whether any left the factory body coloured, or if they were all unpainted.... They are much wider and more aggressive than Gmbh ones.

S4Blades010.jpg

S4DOORBLADES_fs.jpg

Last edited:
The only thing I can think of is whether the Gmbh rear valance can fit the standard SE bumper without modification unlike like the front? Only asking cos I am wondering myself about an S-Line rear, and it's not mentioned.

Ace post though! Cheers.

Well done James this will/should help those who are doing a upgrade or for those who are New to the Audi A4 scene. Great job

This is an excellent post with very good explanation along with illustration, can't get any better than this! :icon_thumright:

Hi James,

Great sticky to add and well written, spot on with the years/options as well....

The only thing I would add is to remind people that the S4 bumpers are one piece only, rather than upper/lower sections, plus if doing an S4 front end your normal foglights will not fit, only place to get them is a dealer....

Reactions: Wahlstrom
Good thread, maybe something else worth noting that on some of the front bumpers you show have an LCR splitter added

Oh and I'm famous!

Good thread, maybe something else worth noting that on some of the front bumpers you show have an LCR splitter added

Oh and I'm famous!

He's mentioned they are LCR Splitters already. Above the first pic with the splitter there's a sentence explaining it. I was hoping i'd be famous too, but then I never really upload any pics of my car so it was highly unlikely. :)

He's mentioned they are LCR Splitters already. Above the first pic with the splitter there's a sentence explaining it. I was hoping i'd be famous too, but then I never really upload any pics of my car so it was highly unlikely. :)

Oh, my bad, sorry James, too busy looking at the nice pics

James - a great idea / post and as a newbie it's cleared up a whole load of wonders - a little thought how about adding the spoiler options and maybe door blades? - cheers And:thumbsup:

Thanks for the thanks :icon_thumright:

The only thing I would add is to remind people that the S4 bumpers are one piece only, rather than upper/lower sections, plus if doing an S4 front end your normal foglights will not fit, only place to get them is a dealer....

Yeh I can do, I wasn't looking to get too involved in how-to's, but am happy to link to any guides that you know of.

a little thought how about adding the spoiler options and maybe door blades?

I can add door blades, although they are pretty self explanatory. If anyone has any good pics of standard or Gmbh door blades please can they add them in here are I'll put them in the original post.

:readit:

Thanks for this, much appreciated.

Love the look of the integrated Votex kit, looks awesome!

Ooh my car's famous :D

nice 1 james lets just hope that folk can be bothered to use the search and sticky options before loads of repeated threads....

thanks mark

Quick question guys;

The last picture in the door blade section (silver B7), I assume that's an S4? As I'm after a rear diffuser like that, rather than with round holes. Would that fit a B6 Sport bumper? Sorry for the question!

Great thread. I'd also like to see spoiler options. On my avant I have the basic stubby SE type but was told that the S-line wouldn't fit as the original spoiler is bonded on and not practically removable. But what about S4, Votex or Sport spoilers? Are there any that can be applied over the top of the SE one?

The last picture in the door blade section (silver B7), I assume that's an S4? As I'm after a rear diffuser like that, rather than with round holes. Would that fit a B6 Sport bumper? Sorry for the question!

Sorry I probably confused things by showing a B7 in here, the B7 rear bumper is different to the B6 in that it's one piece (like the B6 S4). The B7 rear bumper won't fit the B6 for this reason, you'd need to cut a diffuser into the existing bumper.

Great thread. I'd also like to see spoiler options. On my avant I have the basic stubby SE type but was told that the S-line wouldn't fit as the original spoiler is bonded on and not practically removable. But what about S4, Votex or Sport spoilers? Are there any that can be applied over the top of the SE one?

Roof spoilers? The SE's don't have a spoiler as standard at all, I don't 'think' the Sports do (but it may have come in with the GMBH kit?) - the S-Lines come with one I think.

Well, roof spoiler on the SE, which I accept is more a stubby apendage rather than a spoiler!

It's on the bootlid itself, but I read that the SE 'spoiler', as well as the S-Line spoiler are both bonded onto the bootlid during manufacturing and neither are really interchangeable.

will the sallon fit the rear estate, i have a 2.5 vr tdi with the exhaust hidden on either side i would like to fit a rear so i can see them and possible pending were the hole line up have tips up one or a new exhaust fitted

no the edges of the bumpers are different so saloon rear won't fit the estate

Anyone know the part numbers for the GMBH/S-Line Front please?

Thanks James but unless im dumb I have been through that and cannot see the numbers anywhere

Thanks James but unless im dumb I have been through that and cannot see the numbers anywhere

tom the part numbers are in post 6 bud the number in the red line on the right

haha ok I asked for that, did look at that part and thought it was what i was after but a picture paints a thousand words and all that, now excuse me for my next question where is the part number for the top half of the bumper, the part where the number plate goes?

Cheers Guys!!

haha ok I asked for that, did look at that part and thought it was what i was after but a picture paints a thousand words and all that, now excuse me for my next question where is the part number for the top half of the bumper, the part where the number plate goes?

Cheers Guys!!

looking at your pictures Tom I don't think you need the top part just the bottom pulls out my mrs is good at parking over the kerb at tescos then reversing leaving the spoiler behind lol the day I sold mine and it was being fetched hehe

Mate there are stress cracks across the top part (you can just about see them in the pic) and the supports that are behind the lower sline part that are part of the top half are broken and I dont want to bodge it fella.

The pics I posted are not the best to be fair and its hard to show the damage its done.

Ive seen this New & Genuine AUDI A4 Silver Front Bumper 8E0.807.437 (MSM) | eBay

But I think it is just a standard top half and I dont want to do the mod you can do to attach the sline lower to it, I want the proper parts if your with me fella?

I'd be looking for an ebay top bumper I think, you might even find both parts in the right colour.

If the top bumper part number isn't in that thread, which I don't think it is .. then I'll have to look in Etka and I can't do that tonight I'm afraid.

James Ive scanned all over ebay and I can find top sections but dont know if they are the right ones and are not OEM I dont think, Ive found one and it even has the cutouts for the parking sensors which I have so would save me a job but just dont know if it is the right top section, Ive posted the link above.

and no worries about checking ETKA for me fella I will drop into my local Audi stealer tomorrow and get the right one ;-) thanks for the help guys!!!

Update guys, sline front bumper to go with the sline front bumper spoiler numbered above is;

#8E0-807-103-BC-GRU

Awesome thread, just what I needed, now to find that Votex front bumper....

great thread, only thing id like to ask about tho is you say pre 04 none came with colour coded bumpers etc, i have a 53 plate sport, standard bumpers and it came colour coded from the factory. im now confuse