B6/B7 differences

skiptowncat

Reaction score
As the title says, what are the main differences between the two.
Is it a totally package or was the b7 an upgrade on the b6, are the engines the same (I know the 3.0 tdi power output is different but is that just the mapping?)

B7 was a styling upgrade only of the B6.

The only functional change is that the engine management diagnostics are done via CAN bus on the B7 because of a change in the regulations. SO new engine ECUs are fitted, some with new mapping.

B7 was a styling upgrade only of the B6.

The only functional change is that the engine management diagnostics are done via CAN bus on the B7 because of a change in the regulations. SO new engine ECUs are fitted, some with new mapping.
So a remap will see the same figures?

correct me if im wrong but wasnt the engine posistion also moved back in a bid to reduce understeer?

correct me if im wrong but wasnt the engine posistion also moved back in a bid to reduce understeer?

Your spot on Dan - They also used parts from the A6 to improve the handerlig etc.

The B7 has a number of new engines also, the 2.0T and 2.0TDI are the best to go for.

A quick search on the AutoExpress website will show you other things changed.

So a remap will see the same figures?

I've driven both and the handling is a massive improvement over the B6, also if you’re getting a diesel the 2.0 is a much smoother, more refined drive than the 1.9.

The engines aren't available in the B6, such as the 2.0TDI's and 2.0 T Petrol's - You can't map a 1.9 to become a completely different engine, such as the 2.0 TDI..!

I've driven both and the handling is a massive improvement over the B6, also if you’re getting a diesel the 2.0 is a much smoother, more refined drive than the 1.9.

The engines aren't available in the B6, such as the 2.0TDI's and 2.0 T Petrol's - You can't map a 1.9 to become a completely different engine, such as the 2.0 TDI..!
I was looking at the 3.0tdi, I think i'll getg the b7 if it handles better

The engines weren't moved until the B8 - in the B7 the engines are in EXACTLY the same position as in the B6.

Check on ETKA the engine mounts are the same between the B6 and B7.