b6-b5 s4 brakes

dale86

Reaction score
Hi all new to the site and been reading thru some posts and looks like some clued up folks on here so here it goes ive got some b5 s4 calipers to go on my b6 and while theyre off i wana strip em down and get them sand blasted and powder coated. I was hoping someone could tell me where I can get hold of a rebuild kit for them. Thanks Dale go easy on me lol

Thats the kit I used on mine

Great stuff really appreciate it any issues i should knw about fitting apart from wheel clearance. I Think i should have enough clearance but if not mines a quattro and ive heard off a few people not to space out as could damage diff or is this nonsense.

I've used Bigg Red before and they were excellent. If you send them the old bits you're replacing they'll send you exact matches back.

Replaced all the seals and bushes and was less than a quarter of the price Audi wanted to charge me.

Great stuff really appreciate it any issues i should knw about fitting apart from wheel clearance. I Think i should have enough clearance but if not mines a quattro and ive heard off a few people not to space out as could damage diff or is this nonsense.

mine are t fitted yet. They're lying in the garage waiting on me getting a spare day. Spacing wheels on a Quattro won't cause any issues. I have 19s so I'm not too worried about clearance

mine are t fitted yet. They're lying in the garage waiting on me getting a spare day. Spacing wheels on a Quattro won't cause any issues. I have 19s so I'm not too worried about clearance

I roll on 19s too lol its just the width of them theyre well fat ha ha

Hi thanks for the usefull replies people got calipers stripped down and a couple of dust boots split so can anyone please tell me if i can get these anywhere as i might as well do the lot while im on.

Just ignore my last question just realisedvduat boots in the kit in the link that was supplied above dohh lol

Another quick question to the usefull knowledgeable gurus whos helped allready.I had my calipers bead blasted and off to be pewdercoated and seals ordered but now i need the clips to hold pads in place does anybody know where i can purchase these please.

Yeah I had a set of B5 callipers but never used them because i dont like spacers but i was running 18" et43 rims audi. And i believe its a min of a 3 mm spacer to be used ang average 5 mm so I brought a set of B6 set up these are a direct fit no spacers required the callipers disks,pads lots more expensive but just looking at the callipers they are so much better than the B5 set up there's a few people on here who have actually said the B5 set up ain't that great because generally the callipers ain't that good....The improvement the B6 set up made to mine was so awesome felt so much responsive it was untrue I've now sold my car so selling my set on the bay worth every penny in my opinion good luck