B6 Avant rear washer problem

AndyMac

Retired from service
Reaction score
Anyone know where I should start with my rear washer not working on our Avant?
Are there any common areas to investigate (like the A3)?

i find my jets clog up very quickly in this weather usauly a poke about in the jet with a pin does the trick .don't use a needle as they're quite brittle compared to pins and will snap off flush in the jet ,take my word for it this can and will happen :keule:
hope this helps i'm kind of assuming you've already tried this though
Ali

If you unclip the plastic cover, the plastic twin nozzle will just clip off the nut underneath. It's like a knuckle joint, then you can clean the jets out. I did mine today , but put it through our sonic cleaner at work and they work fine now.

Thanks guys, haven't tried anything yet, so will give it a go before I start pulling the car apart.

My rear washer wasn't working after all the cold weather. It turned out that the pipe had come apart under the front nearside wing not far from the washer tank. To find out if that is the problem look for a puddle of water around the front nearside wheel after trying the washer.

"If you unclip the plastic cover"???? Sounds so simple, why is nothing easy on an Audi?
Tried the pin trick, which felt hopeful, but now have water ******* out behind the plastic cover. Removed the 4 screws and freed the metal clips front and back but the plastic cover flaps down but won't come off. Is it part of the rear windscreen surround? It looks to be in 2 pieces as the screws holding the surround are totally inaccessible without removal of the main cover. But the main cover will not come off!!!
RearHatch.jpg

I just yank a bit of wire from my wooden wire brush with a pair of pliers and keep it in my centre armrest with my tread depth and tyre pressure guages. Everytime the washer gets blocked I just work the bit of wire in and out of the Avant rear washer jets a few times.:whistle2:..and jobs done.....cannot be bothered with all that dismantling lark...

OOps I meant the cover on the outside which is over the jets............sorry

Yes, but that wouldn't work when the pipe to the jets has come off, which mine had, thus the water ******* out of the tailgate.
For anyone with the same problem, I managed to get the panel off by bending the middle down which then releases it from the surround trim. Refit is far easier than removal. The washer pipe is now firmly secured with a zip tie. Talk about over engineering, that small panel is held on with 6 ******* metal clips, 2 plastic ones (where t meets the upper trim) and 4 T20 torx screws. ****** Audi!

Yeh I did mine yesterday, ******* metal clips! Didnt take trim completly off tho, just enough to get the pipe back on securely. Managed to get in with pliers and squeeze the clips so the popped out just incase they broke if I forced them too much!

Hi there Andymac
i had the same problem a few months back , my rear wiper would go all the time and the washer would not work .
i took the rear wiper motor out and dismantled it to find the water for the washer had been leaking into the motor and corroded all the inside , so ended up having to buy a new one hope this helps .
scott

This must be a problem as the same thing has happened to my motor, just kept going all the time. I got one from scrappies with the later part number off an 04 plate car and it has the same issue, even though it works properly
Seems to be a problem with the seal between the two plastic seals that the pipe connects to. friends at a local garage are gonn get an O-ring of the same diameter and see if we can cure the problem.
I will post back on this as I am sure this is a problem for many owners.

Same problem here think will be pulling the car apart this weekend