B6 A4 100bhp Tuning???

spongebob96

Reaction score
Whats the difference in the 100bhps to the 130bhps is it injectors? If possible would have liked to take to a 130 then remap to 160. Cheers

I assume you're asking about the 1.9TDI?

I think the 100bhp and 130bhp have different gear boxes and clutches... they certainly do on other VAG cars (Mk5 Golfs), I've seen a 100bhp get remapped to 150bhp, but the clutch couldn't cope....

A 1.9 TDI130 will remap to 150-180bhp... but the higher you go, the more careful you have to be with the clutch... just stay away from the traffic light grand-prix runs :)

A 1.9 TDI130 will remap to 150-180bhp... but the higher you go, the more careful you have to be with the clutch... just stay away from the traffic light grand-prix runs :)

and don't expect any traction in the wet!!!!

and don't expect any traction in the wet!!!!

yeah - I was gonna point that out in my next post... assuming it's a 1.9TDI, it's a PD, so you get the power in one almighty lump of torque that the front wheels will struggle to cope with in the dry... the VP engine in the 2.5 TDI's might be a LOT less economical, but at least you get all that torque from 1200 to 4400 rpm... rather than 2500-3500....

Yes sorry it's the pd engine, had a drive in a 130 remaped to 170 and was well impressed... Just was hoping I could have got mine near the same.

Yes sorry it's the pd engine, had a drive in a 130 remaped to 170 and was well impressed... Just was hoping I could have got mine near the same.

was that a quattro 130 you had a test drive in?

Were the roads dry when you tested it?, if so try a fwd in the wet, you won't be so impressed.

I got rid of my Golf pd130 on Saturday as it was a horrible drive in anything but bone dry road conditions, you couldn't fault it in the dry but almost dangerous in the wet the way the front would break loose when the boost kicks in.

Well instead of putting the man off I'd say do it. I let a set of brand new pd130 injectors slip through my fingers when I had a diesel. Get the right part number and look around the Internet. eBay threw up a few when I was looking for some. Then get it mapped, you won't be dissapointed like all these guys would suggest. Mine went like a rocket and if it's crap in the rain....don't have to put your foot down so hard!!

with the 100bhp it's going to be the intercooler(s) and the clutch that will mean it'll struggle to get to the same bhp's that you can remap a 130TDI to.... I've see a 100bhp get remapped to 150bhp, but it couldn't even do a dyno run the clutch was slipping so badly (and that was an 18month old Mk5 Golf at the time!).

You can remap a 100bhp TDI to about 125-30bhp and if you're careful, then you won't destroy the clutch... if you're goign to get an uprated clutch, extra intercooler, etc... you might be better off selling and upgrading...