B6 2.7 Twin Turbo Engine Swap

S90GAV

Reaction score
been a while since ive posted anything on here, been on this site for years now some of the long timers will probably remember me, started on this site with a 8L S3 and to be honest since getting rid of that car ive never been happy with cars ive had since then which have all be Audi's. I love my current b6 and but its just lacking abit of go, and after driving my mates 2.7 bi turbo converted b6 many of times I knew it had to be done.

this wouldn't be possible at all without the help i've had and ill be getting from my mate whos already done this conversion so thank you

heres a link to my mates build
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/b6-2-7-twin-turbo-b5-engine-swap.221364/

sadly my build is gonna be a slow one due to recently buying a house, so I can only do things when money allows.... ive also got a little bit more work to do on my conversion as my cars currently a 1.9tdi

24399629352_13c4eec855_k.jpg

already got my front brakes upgraded ready, running B8 S5 Calipers and B6 S4 Discs
IMAG0919_zpsn6sejp13.jpg

the engine when it was removed from the donor car
23879740744_7b2b981b97_k.jpg

I then managed to get hold a B6 S4 rear diff and gear box
24507937235_9d280fc38e_k.jpg

started to strip the engine down ready for the big clean
23879718214_49d5bbc44c_k.jpg

24481680446_044efc9b9b_k.jpg

after abit of a clean
24507852355_f79178e800_k.jpg

had the timing covers blasted and powder coated at work
24140101429_5dbda8a3e7_k.jpg

RS4 RARB has arrived
24425523461_ab8c34b605_k.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: QuattroCalum
Looks like a nice project......I assume you have a daily drive car while this is being done.

Will be getting a daily car in the next month or so

Your car looks like a tidy example, i would sell yours and buy a b6 s4 with a blown engine/non runner. There was a imolla yellow s4 that sold on ebay as a spares or repair for £2500. It had cosmetic damage to the front bumper and bonnet. You will have pretty much everything uprated from factory so you just swap the engine and delete the immobiliser + modify your wiring loom to suit the new lump. I think it's a waste ripping off a diesel quattro especially as it's a nice example which will fetch decent money !

It's your car mate do want you want to do to it . Should go like hell when to get it running xx and make a nice sound to

Reactions: AudiS3-Turbo
A B6 S4 had crossed my mind, but I'm quiet happy to pull mine apart haha but I know where you coming from Adam

Oh I cannot wait VR6gordy, I've had the engine sat in my garage since August

Insurance will be a killer ! Just remember that it will be seen as modified diesel so it will cost more than a stock s4 and that's not cheap by today's standards !

Buying a used s4 to swap out motor won't be any different on insurance, plus his car is sorted so why buy a other car with problems? Swap away gav!

Reactions: S90GAV
Insurance wise I assume he would be looking to use someone like Brentacre, who work off a BHP limit rather than a normal policy. So insurance price should be the same no matter what he starts with, as the end goal is the same.

Are you planning on upgrading the turbo's why the engine is out of the car?

Reactions: S90GAV
Insurance wise I assume he would be looking to use someone like Brentacre, who work off a BHP limit rather than a normal policy. So insurance price should be the same no matter what he starts with, as the end goal is the same.

Are you planning on upgrading the turbo's why the engine is out of the car?

I was getting Ko4's but I've got stuff in the house I need to sort, so I'll get it in and running and see how I feel, will be running a stage 2 MTM mapped ecu so will go well