B5 tool kit

floyd 1.8 turbo

Mirror, Signal, Outmanoeuvre
Reaction score
The tool kit i've got in my boot......where does it go?!

Looking at the shape of the box it should go somewhere and fit snug but i have no idea where that could be!!!

It's like a jigsaw puzzle and the last bit wont fit :keule:

Mine didn't have a spare when i bought it, just an empty well. I've got a new shape passat 5 spoke as the spare now but the box wont fit inside it. Really frustrating!!

You could put the tools in a roll (cheese and onion or ham salad) and stash them in one of the cubby holes left or right in the back of the boot??

Or get an old towel, lay it inside the spare, put the tools on top, an stick another towel on top of that to keep them all still.

Or use Marks approach and jam every spare in the world in the spare wheel well along with the tools and use the fact that theres so much jammed in there to ensure nothing moves :D

Mine fits in the space underneath the CD changer nearside of the boot? Dunno if that helps?

yea facelift fit above the CD Changer, pretty sure pre face fits into spare wheel well? in a foam holder. try the scrappy if thats all you need?

mines facelift and there is no way any tools are fitting in either of my cubbies.
I have a polystyrene thing as well.

all avants have the spare wheel round polystyrene tool kit, pre facelift saloons have a roll up type, what you have is a facelift tool kit, it fits above cd changer cage in left cubby hole which you havnt got
when i bought the car tool kit was missing so i fitted an avant type, when i bought the facelift it had pre facelift boot trim fitted and the toolkit was kicking around in boot, i couldnt figure out where it was meant to fit so i swapped them over before selling
since then i got the correct trim, fitted cage and correct toolkit, if you can find a facelift in a scrappy then the trim and cage will fit yours, looks better and will give you somewhere to fit toolkit and a cd changer or you can fit the correct 'roll' type or an avant wheel well type

cant wait to see car pics when its painted

Ah i see, that has put my mind at rest! Another visit to the scrappy on saturday then, need a n/s mirror glass anyway and possibly 2 front wings.
Cheers Kev.

I also cant wait to see it painted!, nearly got all the bits up together now so hopefuly wont be too long now, just wanna get stuck into it

Still having a very confusing and cant make my mind up moment about what wheels to go for...........very annoying!