B5 S4/RS4 gear shifter upgrade

varks

Reaction score
Guys, anyone thinking of upgrading their shifters to an after market quick shifter, don't.
I made the mistake of doing this a few years ago on my old S4, it was clunky and just didn't feel right, so I went online and sis some research, pictures mainly, not part numbers, I found that the B7 S4/TFSI shifter is almost exactly the same, its designed slightly different but to look at is the same, it also a short shifter in comparison to the standard B5 S4 one. I bought one from a breaker and went about fitting it, I took the linkage from the shifter to the gearbox off and fitted the rest in place of my old one, fitted straight in with no need to alter anything. a few of my mates have the B5 S4 too, a couple have aftermarket shifters and some have the oem one, they all commented on how smooth and tight the gear change felt with the B7 one fitted, I am going to do the same to my new one in the next few weeks, one of the best mods I did.
I thought I would share it on here, as that is kind of what these forums are for.
Varks

Reactions: Vinnyb and Rfmacaskill