b5 s4 motor into b5 a4

andy112

Reaction score
Hey has anyone put a b5 s4TT motor into a b5 a4 1.8T or the v6? Thinking of doing this but the cheapest s4 I could find is 22,000 and the cheapest a4 is around 6,000.
thanks
Andy

I think you should be able to find a B5 S4 for alot cheaper than that, out of interest, why are you thinking of doing it?

Kev.

yes it can be done but the only way to make it cost effective is to buy a write-off S4 and use it for parts as you will need a whole lot more than the engine alone.

1. you can get an old a4 for like less than 2 grand.

2. you can get an s4 for 10 grand, sometimes less.

Ive never really seen a b5 s4 for 10 grand, btw thats 22 000 canadaian
edit:what would I need and will it fit in both the 1.8t and v6 or just one? Also what if I were to find one in a junkyard, what are the chances of that??
thanks

It begs the question, Why?
If there was an S4 in a salvage yard it would have very little left on it!

[ QUOTE ]
It begs the question, Why?
If there was an S4 in a salvage yard it would have very little left on it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if you got there first but yes the cost to do this and the work involved would be immense.

You can do it to both the 6 speed linkage whole is a little tight I have been told for the 1.8T but will fit. You would need every thing to loom, ECU, suspension, trans, clocks, brakes and so on.

Basically all you would be doing is re-shelling the S4, as you need every thing to make this work correctly. The only thing you may get away with is the loom inside the car providing it’s not a facelift trying to mate with a non face lift any of those combo’s.

I have a friend with a RS4 engine and box who keep telling me to let him fit it in my 1.8t but I don't have the £6k for the engine and the rest for fitting. I have the rest of the parts as I have an RS4 shell so I would not have to worry about the other parts; it’s just the cost.

The Guy is in Canada and Euro cars cost a lot more out there.

Now what maybe a better option is to buy one from Germany and ship it over I think that would make more sense and they’re a hell of a cheaper.

i still wanna know...why?? u can find a pretty nice s4 for 10-15 plus you know that its gonna last and not have any problems