B5 FAQ

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
I feel we need one of theses.
I found the old one done by kevint but the links don't work and I felt it was missing some items, so I propose to make another one.

This thread is just for information gathering for now and I'll create a proper FAQ thread when we got some information up together and hopefully it can be made a sticky.

lets get our wants and requirements in for a new FAQ.

Off the top of my head is.
312mm conversion.
Facelift head light conversion.
Oil/Inspect rest on clocks.
service mod.
Larger Oil filters.
Stereo volume.
After market stereo with rear amp
Boost gauge.
front control arms.

There was a good one somewhere for putting the front into the service position - that was useful but the pics have gone now :bye:
Especially how to remove the bumpers -that was a bit tricky first time I did it.

There was a good one somewhere for putting the front into the service position - that was useful but the pics have gone now :bye:
Especially how to remove the bumpers -that was a bit tricky first time I did it.

I was looking for some information and found a old FAQ but most of the links don't work.
SO time to start again. :)

Do you know of a guide on ASN?

P.S. Stop changing your ****** name you big ****!!

Lol don't know of one, but would be interesting to see if someone has done it ;)

Thought the new name was a little more appropriate :lmfao:

i could get some new camera batteries and do a full cambelt guide on 30v v6 b5 cambelt change tomorrow?

Reactions: Tom_B
Brakes? Including rears... I've heard the back is tricky?!

Having recently done mine. The backs aren't tricky really, just have to use the correct rewind tool, so that it rotates as it pushes in. And watch the carrier mountings are not corroded/seized on, as I had to cut mine off.

Did you do the work murran? If not can I come and assist/watch and learn? Cheers Tom

did it saturday evening, totally forgot about taking pics etc unfortunatly, due to family stuff i was a little pressed for time. no different to being at work tbh.