B5 Engine Mounts

DieselJake

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Picked up a couple B5 RS4 mounts but they're both from the same side of the engine so one doesn't have the electronic solenoid (unless the B5 wasn't connected to it?), just wondering if they will still work or cause issues (other than a fault code in Vag-Com).

Found the original thread that made me choose these mounts and looking back they actually stated it would throw a code as the B5 RS4 didn't have the sensors and the B6 does (http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b7-chassis/200938-new-engine-mounts.html), also says some B7's don't have sensors which is strange maybe they started using solid mounts on newer models, find it weird that they wouldn't give the B5 V6 them only thing I can think of is if they wanted customers to pay for replacements, just need to figure if this could cause problems outside of Vag-Com.

Last edited:
I've got B5 no wire mounts fitted to my B6 with sensor. Beside the error code on VAG they are perfect.

I think the mounts on the B6 V6 TDi stiffen up as speed increases - may be wrong though!
Im going to be replacing most of my mounts soon as things are starting to feel loose.

Toughest one to find so far is the rear gearbox mount - if anyone can find febi part 34145 in stock anywhere, they will get a Costa gift card! :readit:

Found this info from someone on Audizine called "Old Guy":
"There is a fluid chamber in the mount with a plastic body separating the upper and lower section. There is a small port in the plastic separator. This allows fluid from the top chamber to pass through the plastic body and into the bottom chamber. The bottom chamber is rubber lined and can deform under pressure. There is also an airway vented to atmosphere with a rubber membrane separating the fluid from the atmosphere. The solenoid valve opens or closes the airway to control vibrations from the motor. Below 1100 rpm the engine vibrations are not enough to force fluid from the top chamber to the bottom chamber so the airway (solenoid valve) is open. The rubber membrane creates a soft cushion which absorbs the high frequency vibrations. Above 1100 rpm the solenoid valve is closed which blocks the airway and consequently "hardens" the mount (the fluid has nowhere to go). thus the mount is effectively solid."

Judging by this it appears the b5 RS4 had solid mounts not offering electronic solenoids as they did not have a solenoid valve and will not be adaptive remaining stiff at all times... hmm can't tell if this is a good or bad thing, surely they could cause additional shaking in the cabin but would last the life of the car. If anyone has used them please share experiences (including Google44 ;))

Are these what you're looking for Alex? Gear Box | Gearbox Linkage | Gear Boxes & Gearbox Linkages for any car

Like mentioned before I've got NS mount replaced with B5 solid 2 years ago. Driver's side is solid anyway. Since then had no issues at all. I can still see on VSDC the error code as nothing is connected but engine does not vibrate.

Reactions: DieselJake
i only replaced the drivers side with a b5 solid but it was solid anyway and i replaced the ns with like for like because i had the code on vcds but wish i'd just spent the £30 odd quid on febi ones rather than the £90 at audi!.
codes gone now though lol