b5 a4 with ko4 64

Jack_TQS

Reaction score
Hi guys I have the ko4 64 and adaptor plate for the 1.8t to go in my b5 a4 tqs. My question is, will the car run decently with the other components being stock, except from the obvious things like the downpipe, FMIC and TIP. I know it will still have 180hp with more lag, the idea behind this seemingly backwards step is basically to get my new components run in, SMF and clutch, fully rebuild engine with forged rods. As I'm going straight from stock to this setup I haven't got anything in place in regards to the ecu for now. Am I right in thinking that the stock map is a 'safe' map suitable for running in? Or am I changing too much for it to not run correctly?

Thanks in advance.

It wont be laggy at all far from it actually, it will be alot faster spooling with the 064

you could maybe put a VR6 Maf housing on with saab red top injectors and 3bar FPR as this should make the car feel quicker with the boost just running at actuator pressure you could also increase the wastegate cracking pressure from what will probably be around 6psi to around 8-10 psi this will give you probably around 200-210hp without the ECU being mapped.

Ok mate thanks for the quick reply and that would be perfect for now, whats the reason behind changing to 3 bar fpr? cheers