B5 A4 suspension lowering...

myzeneye

Reaction score
you may of read this in the handeling section, but im not getting very far with it so ill try agian...
i have a 2000 model A4(B5) with 18" RS4's.... ive been offered a set of shocks and springs of a 1.8T sport....... standard 1.8t shocks with G-max lowering springs....
will they fit on my 1.6 ????

please help. im getting to the point of buying the things and just hoping their gonna fit, which is not a good thing.
and yes, before anyone comments, a 1.6 is a bit lame, but its the wifes. i have a bike for my speed needs.( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gifsee sig pic)
thanks.

see the other thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

i know mate.... im doing what you suggested now, but im still taking the lazy option of " ask the audience" aswell, hoping someone else may of done somthing similar...
cheers again yaseen.

i did an update whilst you started this post, hopefully answering ur question- take a look /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

no mate ... sadley this, amongst many other horrendous fractues was caused in a head on with a vw golf at a mere 35 mph !!!!
fractued femur, fractured radius, shattered right hand.4 6-7 hour operations, 3 more to go. bought the A4 with the cash off my bike.
woman driver. her fault. 10 months off work.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

absolutly mate. cars have far to many distractions...
when you ride a bike you are totaly focused.
dosent matter how good a rider you are, you cant account for a car not seeing you and cutting straight across you path. when it does, its inevitable, your gonna get hurt or killed.
ride carfully curtis, keep the knee scraping, wheelies and general thrashing for the track. i personaly will not chance it on the road any more.
and cheers yaseen...
on a lighter note, went for a baby scan with the missus today, found out its gonna be a boy. totaly the best news ive EVER had.
just goes to show, life aint all bad...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

good job its a boy, girls get 2 much trouble when there in the teen area... concrats....
i have a 1 year old and love every minute

Congrats!!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif