b5 1.8t 2.0t coil conversion

ivica

Reaction score
anyone know of that wiring or have diagrams for the conversion 3pin to 4pin . the harness is a little expensive

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

i bought a repair harness for a leon or something, was about 30quid, and gave me all the connectors for the new coils.

Touareg V8 coil adaptors are a few pounds each and fit right on.

The wiring diagrams are floating around. Some people join the wires at the ICM. Instead i carefully opened up the harness and pulled the wiring back thru and redirected it to where it needed to go.

This is the diagram i've seen around:

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums...EBEC662123-2601-0000034F1ABECB38.jpg~original

yeah i got connectors for it and ill try to redirect the wiring through them but i wasnt sure with grounding the 4th pin because some say to keep it separate from other ground on vlave cover idk. and the ground on the icm is there a new conn for that as well ?

there is two earths, one for the secondary (high voltage) and one for the primary (low voltage)

On the factory wiring, the secondary is grounded to the valve cover, and the primary is grounded to the ECU main earth point behind the coolant bottle.

When i did mine, i pulled the earth that originally went to the ICM back thru the harness, and used that to earth the primary coils, as that connects to the same ECU main earthing point.

many people just jam them all together and ground to the valve cover and it seems to work most of the time.

yeah that's why im confused. so is pin4 is the primary ? I've read of failing coils because of grounding issues and the coils melting in some cases.