B-pillar rattle

steve184

Reaction score
I've got an annoying rattle coming from my drivers B-pillar (seatbelt exit area) - its very light 'ticking' kind of sound - driving me mad as its location means its basically right near my ear!!!

Anybody had similar or knows what it is likely to be (don't know what parts/items are fixed within this b-pillar area that could cause this sort of noise)

wouldn't know where to start - presume its a pull off part in some way as no visible fixings???

I had a similar sound that turned out to be seat belt as mentioned above, I just pulled at the seat belt loads and the noise has now stopped

how do you mean? just keep pulling the belt all the way out unwinding and rewinding? (without taking anything apart?)

just a little of to and fro with the belt maybe 3-4 inches to engage the clicking sound, I did this about 40-60 times and it sorted it

I knew it was the belt making the clicking sound as I drove with the belt off and it wasn't doing it

thats interesting ill try that to test (driving with belt off)

If stansmith were size 7 or 8 I would've snapped em in no time. Glwts mate

Hi Steve184. Got exactly the same faint ticking sound from the same area. Would be interested to know if you resolved the issue and how? Cheers.