B&O with and without tech pack

... anyone else had telephone volume reset on them?

How is everyone's experience streaming songs from their phones via Bluetooth? Any audio glitches?

To anyone with 0875 and B&O, have you ever noticed your sound settings being reset without user interaction? It happens a few times a week to a few times a month for most people with a facelift A3.

YES! THIS EXACTLY!

Annoys the hell out of me. Audi have looked at this whilst my car was in for a new steering wheel (story for another time) and their master tech said "its a software bug that Audi are aware of and they are awaiting an update".

I will check what MMI version I'm running and report back but I suspect it will be the older version.

I cancelled dudes sorry! To be honest I'd got that much to do tomorrow that I could happily have done without a trip to the dealership. I really wasn't that convinced that they were going to do anything with it.

For reference my version is 0191 so not sure what that means.

Although it hasn't happened too often, the bass and treble definitely reset periodically. I actually find the MMI pretty glitchy. My phone sometimes doesn't connect, or randomly disconnects. My iPod will sometimes become "unrecognisable media" to name some quickly off the top of my head. Either Audi rushed this or my system is a bit of a lemon!

It's really weird, I've been seeing 0191 more and more for non-tech-pack MMI's (not the MMI Touch you need for virtual cockpit), and it doesn't include any of the fixes. I wonder where that version came from.

It's really weird, I've been seeing 0191 more and more for non-tech-pack MMI's (not the MMI Touch you need for virtual cockpit), and it doesn't include any of the fixes. I wonder where that version came from.

I'm wondering if it's a different software branch to the tech pack version?

Maybe there is a fix for the bugs on the Tech version in 0875, but this particular software, although similar, is not "compatible" with my car and we are still awaiting an update?

Glad I bailed on today to be honest!

I really hope Audi will one day just start posting changelogs and downloadable updates like Tesla. It's 2017, treat your software like software already Audi!

Reactions: AL_B and SILVAF0XX
My A3 is running version 0170. Facelift Non Tech Pack with B&O.

The Master Tech at Grimsby Audi explained to me that he'd never seen the problem before so I guess they haven't sold many facelift 8V's!

Reactions: SILVAF0XX
Well hopefully the master tech informed Audi about it and they work on a fix.

Mine is going in to get the Audi Beam replaced next Friday, looks like they have melted.
I have emailed them to also check if 0875 is available for my car due to the sub woofer setting missing on the MMI.

Can someone post up what the b and o settings look like please

Not yet, my appointment is on June 26 so still got ages to go. It's up to you, would be good for the rest of us to find out if there actually is an update. I only found one person (milnesafc) who got an mmi update, he had the other problem with it not keeping the sound settings. http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/mmi-not-keeping-sound-settings.311567/#post-2936175
Still got the issue, ****** annoying. I've been having a play with the speakers as well, changed the settings as after sitting in my mates Golf GTD I couldn't believe how much better the standard system in his car sounded. I've changed the balance settings towards the rear and focused speakers to rear which has made a huge difference. Unfortunately I have to do this every time I get in the car.

If there's an update I'll be getting booked in ASAP.

When I was first thinking of changing my car, my first choice was the Golf GTI and I remember on their forum they said there was no need for Dynaudio because the standard sound system was already great. Never ended up test driving it so didn't check but test drove the PFL S3 with B&O and subwoofer control and got the chance to play around with the settings, sounded better than my car now.

When I was first thinking of changing my car, my first choice was the Golf GTI and I remember on their forum they said there was no need for Dynaudio because the standard sound system was already great. Never ended up test driving it so didn't check but test drove the PFL S3 with B&O and subwoofer control and got the chance to play around with the settings, sounded better than my car now.
Yeah I'm not blown away with it to be honest. Still think the Golfs sound system sounds better.

I had my car in today, car was scanned, no software updates found so no SUB woofer setting for me :disappointed:

Reactions: slipped_disc
I had my car in today, car was scanned, no software updates found so no SUB woofer setting for me :disappointed:

By any chance did you mention to them what Martynj167 said in the other thread?

An update date on this, I have a copy of the current software updates available. For cars that are running MIB2 (Model year 2017 onwards) there is now software 0192 available. The dealer will need to order the SD card, part number 4M0 906 961 AK to run the update.
I am currently arranging a date for mine to be done and the I can report back once complete :grimacing:

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/audi-sound-system-sub-settings.310908/page-3

By any chance did you mention to them what Martynj167 said in the other thread?

His update was from 191 to 192, I think that is for systems without the tech pack advanced, my version is 0679.

Reactions: AL_B
Yeah I wondered that too, I'm also 0679. I think I'll mention it to them anyway at my appointment in 2 weeks. To me it seems like they are oblivious that you can even update it, showing them that there's an SD card with a part number could point them in the right direction.

If you have VCDS, put up an autoscan of your car.

I wonder if it could be amplifier related, the amplifier is on its 3rd revision under a year which is rather odd.

Screen Shot 2017 07 23 at 021435

Mine is the first one, with no Subwoofer control.

Address 47: Sound System (J525) Labels: None
Part No SW: 81A 035 466 HW: 81A 035 466
Component: MIB2_amp_P_A3 H10 0100
Revision: 00000001 Serial number: AUZ8ZAGHX0052B

I have to say I am disappointed with the sound from the B&O, certainly wouldn't spec it if ordering again.

I have to say I am disappointed with the sound from the B&O, certainly wouldn't spec it if ordering again.
Have you compared it,with another bang&olufsen system? I have never thought the system was anything better than good, nowt special

Have you compared it,with another bang&olufsen system? I have never thought the system was anything better than good, nowt special
Not special but much better than the standard set up in the A3.

Had an A5 with the *** and that was good but the A3 isn't near that level.

B&O was a must for me having moved from a TT without it which again was terrible.

Not special but much better than the standard set up in the A3.

Had an A5 with the *** and that was good but the A3 isn't near that level.

B&O was a must for me having moved from a TT without it which again was terrible.

Wasn't comparing it with any other Audi audio system bit it's only £500 on the facelift car,it was £750 on my car back then.... It's a option that's gotta be ticked really whether your into music or not eh.....?

Same here! B&O isn't up to much in my opinion! either!! Didn't spec it as it came as part of the comfort & sound pack which was on the car already!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06
I got my car a week ago, manufactured in June. No tech pack, MMI Navigation, software 0211, B&O, subwoofer control. Sounds great too!

Reactions: SILVAF0XX
I find it pretty good tbh especially for an out of the box audio system. Plenty loud enough and punchy enough.

Reactions: SILVAF0XX and Jassyo06
I do have to say that besides the surround, focus and maximum volume it's not all that different from the Audi Sound System. I think it's worth it for the LEDs and those settings (I really like the surround), but the Audi Sound System is more value for money.

Wasn't comparing it with any other Audi audio system bit it's only £500 on the facelift car,it was £750 on my car back then.... It's a option that's gotta be ticked really whether your into music or not eh.....?
Well if you're not bothered then of course not. For me it was a must based on previous experience.

If you have VCDS, put up an autoscan of your car.

I wonder if it could be amplifier related, the amplifier is on its 3rd revision under a year which is rather odd.

View attachment 131601

I don't have VCDS myself but I'm guessing my car would have the top one looking at the dates. The first 2 have the same HW number, not sure what the PR-9VS is. Someone in the other thread says his 2018 car doesn't have subwoofer control - http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/audi-sound-system-sub-settings.310908/page-4#post-3053932

I suspect it is amplifier revision related.

I will know in the next two weeks hopefully as I have 81A035466B on order.

Storm in a T-Cup this....they all have the same power output....eh...??? same amount of speakers.......but one little fiddily mode aint available......button envy.....

Maybeez its my old listeners that aint up to scratch...........lol

Quite possibly, I didn't think the B&O in the RS6 was worth the £6,300 they ask for it though! The S3 B&O is just as good imo and is peanuts in comparison!

Quite possibly, I didn't think the B&O in the RS6 was worth the £6,300 they ask for it though! The S3 B&O is just as good imo and is peanuts in comparison!

i just got it for the fancy lights and resale desirability simples

With you on that jassyo06, seems to be a good option for resale.

When I play a track on my car and then play exactly the same track on my wife's Polo GTI, it sounds better in the Polo with no amps, no B&O, just the standard sound system.

Reactions: Jassyo06
With you on that jassyo06, seems to be a good option for resale.

When I play a track on my car and then play exactly the same track on my wife's Polo GTI, it sounds better in the Polo with no amps, no B&O, just the standard sound system.

Sorry ye dont like it mate...as l said...l got it for resale my son sold me the car and he said it was a must have for selling on....
the only time the Bang & Olufsen....sounded good was when l played a DVD encoded with a DTS Surround track through the system....a mean how often do you sit in a car and watch a DVD.....

Was just about to say that, I have the Eagles, Hell freezes over in DTS and it sounds awesome, with the audience in the back seats.

I have FLAC files and MP3s in 320KB/s but they sound flat.

Strangely enough streaming Amazon music through Android Auto sounds better.

Yeah I'm not blown away with it to be honest. Still think the Golfs sound system sounds better.

I've just come from a 2015 mk7 Golf R. Now got a 2017 B9 A4 Allroad with Audi SS, which sounds miles better.

Was just about to say that, I have the Eagles, Hell freezes over in DTS and it sounds awesome, with the audience in the back seats.

I have FLAC files and MP3s in 320KB/s but they sound flat.

Strangely enough streaming Amazon music through Android Auto sounds better.

Yip Hell freezes over was the Dvd l was referring to as we, awesome sounding disc