B&O Sub Retrofit

Audis32015

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I want to retrofit the b&O sound system in my car however the cost at the moment is quite £££. I am wondering if it is possible to retrofit the B&O sub only in the boot?

If anyone has done this I would appreciate their thoughts and if it was a success

A few here has retrofitted the Audi sound system which includes the sub and front centre speakers with good results.
Maybe @DJAlix can advise better

Thanks would be great to hear peoples thoughts on the difference it made. And if they would recommend instead of b&o

Hi guys,

I want to retrofit the b&O sound system in my car however the cost at the moment is quite £££. I am wondering if it is possible to retrofit the B&O sub only in the boot?

If anyone has done this I would appreciate their thoughts and if it was a success
If you have the basic system within your vehicle I would recommend adding a rear sub and front centre speakers. This would bring you to the Audi Sound System Level. You could use a B&O sub with no issues which would achieve more punchy bass. I would look to upgrade your front door speakers also, from the standard 20watts to 40watts.

If you already have the Audi sound system then don't bother with B&O. Because its no good? No, the system is great but its not £2000 retrofit good. You will get better for cheaper if you go the aftermarket route.

If you can get to north London I offer a couple of retrofit packages.

Reactions: Audis32015 and V6_Man
If you have the basic system within your vehicle I would recommend adding a rear sub and front centre speakers. This would bring you to the Audi Sound System Level. You could use a B&O sub with no issues which would achieve more punchy bass. I would look to upgrade your front door speakers also, from the standard 20watts to 40watts.

If you already have the Audi sound system then don't bother with B&O. Because its no good? No, the system is great but its not £2000 retrofit good. You will get better for cheaper if you go the aftermarket route.

If you can get to north London I offer a couple of retrofit packages.

Hi, quick question. How do you know if you have the standard or the Audi Sound System? I test rode a3 with B&O, but bought another A3 with higher spec but without the B&O sound sytem. But to be honest, the sound on this is great. Not that much difference.

My question is how can you tell? Is there any markings? It's clear that the car has a subwoofer in it.

Hi, quick question. How do you know if you have the standard or the Audi Sound System? I test rode a3 with B&O, but bought another A3 with higher spec but without the B&O sound sytem. But to be honest, the sound on this is great. Not that much difference.

My question is how can you tell? Is there any markings? It's clear that the car has a subwoofer in it.
-standard sound system = no sub
-Audi sound system = sub in the boot
-B&O = door lighting and B&O branded sub in the boot

there are other differences but this is how to tell real fast.

Reactions: EvilC
-standard sound system = no sub
-Audi sound system = sub in the boot
-B&O = door lighting and B&O branded sub in the boot

there are other differences but this is how to tell real fast.

Just checked the boot, I guess I do have premium sound lol, weird they didnt advertise it :)

OXd2Fh5.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20191003_182104_resized_20191003_071202130.jpg
    IMG_20191003_182104_resized_20191003_071202130.jpg
    392.4 KB · Views: 153
Thanks @DJAlix I just have the standard system so I will take your advice and look to upgrade to the Audi sound system.

Some people do say it's a good system and not that far off b&o.

Thanks @DJAlix I just have the standard system so I will take your advice and look to upgrade to the Audi sound system.

Some people do say it's a good system and not that far off b&o.
I offer a couple of different solutions:
  • Coding and activating your own retrofit solution (this is not a DIY, cannot be done via VCDS or app / phone based coding toys)
  • Retrofitting the Audi Sound System Sub and Front Centre + Coding and Activation
  • As above plus upgraded OEM front door speakers (20 to 40watt)
  • As above but with B&O sub
If interested feel free to get in touch.

Reactions: Audis32015
Can anyone around the Glasgow area recommend someone who can carry this retrofit out.

I am gutted Alix is such a far distance away!!

Can anyone around the Glasgow area recommend someone who can carry this retrofit out.

I am gutted Alix is such a far distance away!!
speak with Dave Henderson from DHAutomotive. I can supply him with the parts and remote code for him. Pricing might be different due to his rates tho.