B&O sound system fault

h1r4

Reaction score
Well...

After nearly 3 months my sound system has decided it doesn't want the rhs front bass speaker to work anymore... which is a shame really as the first 2 months were great. There was the center speaker rattle but that was song dependant. Now it feels as if there's bass coming from just the front left speaker and it sounds boomy , the front door also rattles really badly aswell when the bass kicks in.

I'm not sure if it's just me. But the rear mounted subs don't sound very powerful anymore. I moved the balance and fader to the rear and couldn't feel much bass at all on full volume. When I first got the car everything sounded fine? Hopefully someone with B&o on the saloon can confirm the bass is strong coming from the rear sub and speaker. Mine just feels as if it's a standard speaker at rears with no bass tbh.

The cars been booked in next week hopefully they find a fault. And fix it permanently. As I paid a lot of the B&O as I've always wanted a really good sound system. I didn't want to have to add a sub or lc2i like I did to my a3 ( long process ).

High hopes for it to get sorted

The A3's had a rattle with their B&O system as well, seems like the speaker mounts/door trims are of a poor quality...

Reactions: h1r4
Hope you get it sorted mate.
I hope so too mate. Otherwise I'd just wasted a lot of money on a sound system that doesn't work properly.

The A3's had a rattle with their B&O system as well, seems like the speaker mounts/door trims are of a poor quality...
All I hear on the a3 b&o is praise for it as it's really good? Never heard about rattles for the a3. My a4 on the other hand lol

Try the A3 forum, there are quite a few posts about the door speakers rattling and sound drop out at higher volumes...

I had to replace my drivers door B&O speaker a couple of months ago, very bad bass on it. Couldn't see anything physically wrong with it, and a secondhand one off ebay was fine. Weird thing to have problems with given the cost of the upgrade.

I had to replace my drivers door B&O speaker a couple of months ago, very bad bass on it. Couldn't see anything physically wrong with it, and a secondhand one off ebay was fine. Weird thing to have problems with given the cost of the upgrade.
hmm , it shouldn't be like that as yiu said given the cost. Didn't they replace yours under Warrenty?

I've got the car back... they have to replace 3 speakers. 2 in the rHs door and the centre speaker also

However these parts will take 7-10 days to come.

After 2 months and lots of waiting for parts! It's finally fixed! They couldn't fix it first time around as they received a faulty speaker! So last week it got fixed. Both front bass speakers have been changed! And my oh my it makes a difference! Finally feel content with the sound system again.

Happy days

Reactions: maui and cuke2u
Hi h1r4, how are you finding the B&O system? I had a 60 plate A4 with the B&O and abolutely loved it. Replaced it with an A4 B9-MY16 with the B&O and both me and the missus are disappointed. Lacks mid-range, so plenty of treble and bass but the guitar lacks body.
Tapped a note to B&O who immediately fobbed be onto Audi Germany who passed the buck to Audi UK (who knew nothing). My dealer is not interested...says its fine. All I want is some Equaliser controls like you get in other makes.... Car's lovely by the way..