B&O setup

T

Tristan2

how do I change the sound setting from gala to dynamic as in this photo?

Hi Tristan.

You are not able to do this as you have B&O and not a standard system. Gala = B&O, Dynamic = Standard. Not sure about the setup in Audi Sound System as I've never had that, but have had B&O and Standard.

Hope that answers your question.

G

Mines the standard system and it only says gala

I have the tech pack with b and o speakers and have the dynamic volume option. :S confused.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Is it because I don't have tech pack that I also don't have the dynamic option?

Googling "dynamic volume" seem to refer to BOSE systems.

Could Audi have used BOSE speaker systems for the Standard Sound System?

I have Gala on my sound settings, and I have the MMI Navigation Plus (Tech pack as you guys call it) .
But I don't have Bang and Olufsen, I have the Audi Sound System which is our standard.

and speaking of audio, I was wrong about Audi Sound System not sounding so great. This past weekend, working on my camcorder on Cruise Cam in my car I was in the backseat and I fired up the car and was listening to the music videos I loaded on my MMI and the sound is very loud in the back seat.

I never noticed this before because I never really set in the back seat of my A3 when I'm listening to music, I had to turn both the sub and bass down from what I originally had it set.

This really made me rethink the notion of B&O not really being necessary and that CNET's Brian Cooley was right in that the upgrade was not worth it.

Googling "dynamic volume" seem to refer to BOSE systems.

Could Audi have used BOSE speaker systems for the Standard Sound System?

I have Gala on my sound settings, and I have the MMI Navigation Plus (Tech pack as you guys call it) .
But I don't have Bang and Olufsen, I have the Audi Sound System which is our standard.

and speaking of audio, I was wrong about Audi Sound System not sounding so great. This past weekend, working on my camcorder on Cruise Cam in my car I was in the backseat and I fired up the car and was listening to the music videos I loaded on my MMI and the sound is very loud in the back seat.

I never noticed this before because I never really set in the back seat of my A3 when I'm listening to music, I had to turn both the sub and bass down from what I originally had it set.

This really made me rethink the notion of B&O not really being necessary and that CNET's Brian Cooley was right in that the upgrade was not worth it.
The Audi Sound System is the same as the standard sound system except a centre speaker and subwoofer added. The door speakers and tweeters are the same in the standard system and the Audi Sound System. There is no seperate amplifier either for the *** system unlike the B&O, everything comes from the unit in the dash. The *** system does sound amazing and should be standard as it doesnt cost audi much extra to just add the subwoofer and centre speaker

Standard 9VK, 80 Marketing Watts, 8 Speakers, 4-ch amp in 5F

*** 9VD, 180 Marketing Watts, 10 Speakers, 6-ch amp in 5F

B+O 9VS, 705 Marketing Watts, 14 Speakers, 15-ch amp external

According to ETKA, the door drivers have different part numbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: gamegenie
Standard 9VK, 80 Marketing Watts, 8 Speakers, 4-ch amp in 5F

*** 9VD, 180 Marketing Watts, 10 Speakers, 6-ch amp in 5F

B+O 9VS, 705 Marketing Watts, 14 Speakers, 15-ch amp external

According to ETKA, the door drivers have different part numbers.

I'm glad I went for the B&O now,looking at those specs

Reactions: azibux1