B&O amp location/replacement with aftermarket amp

AdamTucker

Reaction score
Hi folks.... I'm working through a complete audio system upgrade and intend to fit a 4 channel amp in the location of the B&O amp.

I have bought the cover and mounting bracket for the B&O amp which I will modify to suit.

Question...does anybody have photos of the underseat area with the cover off & B&O amp removed? I need to work out whether to cut the carpet and where to bolt the bracket to (and modify).

Thanks in anticipation.

I intend to do a proper write up of my modifications to the B&O sub and installation of Focal speakers in due course.... I've been having lots of fun and will end up with a system significantly better sounding than the B&O. (I'm a self confessed obsessive audiophile!)

Reactions: leonwilliams
Look forward to this mod. I just added amp and pioneer sub alongside existing sub and amp sounds awesome. Are you doing the stealth sub in boot

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Look forward to this mod. I just added amp and pioneer sub alongside existing sub and amp sounds awesome. Are you doing the stealth sub in boot

Do you have b&o? Id love to upgrade the sub in mine but seems a fair bit of work.

Nope none Bose system. But Audi sub and amp. I just added to it mot hard work

Hi I'm doing a stealth install using the original B&O enclosure which I purchased from eBay. The standard B&O subwoofer driver is actually poor, so I decided to replace it.

There are very few 16.6cm sub drivers available though I did find a shallow mount one from Kicker (Not the best brand I know) which fits with a MDF spacer ring and some other modifications.

See link for pictures of the magnet assembly!

Any pictures of the B&O amp location heartily appreciated as per original thread.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ia68qZcBNheLAQFo6

Nice size sub I was gonna go for one of these it fits left hand side in boot. The amp is behind the covering i think if its same position as mines
dab343c52f6402d5d34e425423ab1710.jpg

Is the BO amp not under the passenger seat on the 8V?

Yes, B&O amp under passenger seat. We were also discussing the B&O subwoofer, which sits in an enclosure in the spare wheel well.