B.C.S downpipe + apr remap

Dandanfings

Reaction score
As per title, I am now the proud owner of a lovely (and expensive!) downpipe from B.C.S.
It is the cat version, the reason for me getting this one over the decat is purely noise, I do not want some fast and furious sounding fart box noise coming from my Audi!
Also it's road legal which means no potential issues down the line.
Unfortunately I won't be able to get this installed for this Sunday's rolling road day the earliest day for fitting is Monday :-(

Anyway stay tuned for my feedback, I am hoping for improved turbo response and some torque... Could not care about bhp levels as it has plenty as is!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    836.5 KB · Views: 980
Reactions: DAZMCC and rigger
Will be interested in your feedback, i've been thinking about adding a downpipe to my exhaust.. but like you say.. it's loud enough already!

We're waiting to hear it! Lol come on both of you. Not enough YouTube S3's...

I've got videos on my phone but the microphone doesn't seem to make a great job!

Really need to get nice shiny go pro...

As per title, I am now the proud owner of a lovely (and expensive!) downpipe from B.C.S.
It is the cat version, the reason for me getting this one over the decat is purely noise, I do not want some fast and furious sounding fart box noise coming from my Audi!
Also it's road legal which means no potential issues down the line.
Unfortunately I won't be able to get this installed for this Sunday's rolling road day the earliest day for fitting is Monday :-(

Anyway stay tuned for my feedback, I am hoping for improved turbo response and some torque... Could not care about bhp levels as it has plenty as is!

Evening Dan

Wasn't aware they had an anything available for the 8V S3 yet, can you let me know who you were dealing with at BCS?

I've been in touch with Nige there on and off for a while about an 8V S3 offering, and as recently as Friday last week we were talking about them taking my car for a week as a development vehicle.

Looking forward to hearing how it performs, will you be going stage 2 once it's fitted? :)

you are saying that installing this pipe eliminates the "fart" noise that the exhaust makes when shifting in a DSG model?

also, how much did this bad boy cost?

So it's finally on so I can give some notes on the install and how much of a pain it is!

Takes two hours of swearing and requires partly removing the prop shaft, so quite a pig of a job.
Luckily because of me there is a garage in docklands London who can do it for about £100... Shoot me a pm if you wish to know.

It sounds like a rattly old car for the first few hours but after a couple of runs it will settle into a nice angry growl like stock just louder, the car does not sound modified at all if anything it sounds like a factory performance car. Possibly one of the best sounding 4 cylinder engines I have ever heard so don't even bother with a cat back!

I have a nice long drive to do in an hours time and will report back regarding the throttle response and power tonight.

Reactions: AndyB-S3
Jesus H Christ
I have no doubt in my mind that this car is making over 400bhp and 400ft-lb... it is absolutely mental!!!
Also the response is instantaneous like a light switch, its a different car altogether and is now far more enjoyable to drive.
Even from a standing start it just leaps off the line, the car just feels lighter on its feet and that's with the original cat back in the boot!
The sound is also awesome, like stock but more of it and the DSG farts are more aggressive in tone.

Expensive upgrade but well worth the money, it should of been like this from the factory in throttle response and turbo spool, you could install this on a factory map and be happy without a remap.

Now for Stage 2 software to fully take advantage.....

Reactions: Martinbanshee, Forbzeeee and RYuill
How much has this downpipe set you back then?

did a 100 mile journey today which involved a little play with a lambo huracan!
Car is much smoother than stock since adding the downpipe, spool has lowered to just under 2000rpm and it reacts lightning fast (similar to mk6 gti) so i am over the moon.
Sound is interesting and i hope to get a video for you guys at some point, its very metallic sounding though steal within OEM levels... i like it.

did a 100 mile journey today which involved a little play with a lambo huracan!
Car is much smoother than stock since adding the downpipe, spool has lowered to just under 2000rpm and it reacts lightning fast (similar to mk6 gti) so i am over the moon.
Sound is interesting and i hope to get a video for you guys at some point, its very metallic sounding though steal within OEM levels... i like it.
Is it louder when cruising stable speed on the road?

Sounds awesome Dan, look forward to the next video!

Reactions: Dandanfings
Can't see a vid anyone want to put the link up again

Is it louder when cruising stable speed on the road?
Nope sounds exactly like stock, only when you put you foot down does the sound change.
But as i said it's pretty much as loud as stock just a different noise and louder sooner.... If that makes sense?

Last edited:
Hey Dan

What is the main difference between BCS dp and APR one?

Is there any gap of the price?

What's up with the lc then? Apr commented on it going back to 1st and bogging down,

Looks strange when it hooks goes to 2nd dies back to 1st then goes again

What's up with the lc then? Apr commented on it going back to 1st and bogging down,

Looks strange when it hooks goes to 2nd dies back to 1st then goes again
I was told it's a traction control issue.
Switching esc permanent off by holding the button down for 3 seconds cures it and I have managed to do a few launches without this issue.
Haven't tried with the downpipe and it's just decided to **** it down with rain so won't be attempting today!

Nope sounds exactly like stock, only when you put you foot down does the sound change.
But as i said it's pretty much as loud as stock just a different noise and louder sooner.... If that makes sense?

Yes, that's clear. Good to know because i want to maintain sophisticated sound of power :)

Too much :-(
Was about £700
By the sounds of it and judging by your feedback that sounds like a good investment. If you think back to the 8p the Full Milltek was coming in at over £1200 with the downpipe being the most expensive part.

I am tempted, especially as you say it get rids of the dreaded turbo rattle (a daily annoyance of mine), increases low down torque, faster spooling turbo, better throttle response and an increase in POWER!! Need I go on.....

@Dandanfings you are going to get me in trouble as I planned to stay standard for at least a year!!!!

Reactions: Fab_R
By the sounds of it and judging by your feedback that sounds like a good investment. If you think back to the 8p the Full Milltek was coming in at over £1200 with the downpipe being the most expensive part.

It more like £2.5k for a full milltek on the 8V. £800 for the Downpipe

Scorpion downpipe is £292.50 (Or £556.20 for the downpipe with Sports Cat)

http://www.awesomegti.com/scorpion-downpipe-and-cat-decat-audi-s3-8v-5-door-hatch

The Note at the bottom is incorrect - The supplied downpipe comes with a reducer in order for it to be mated to the standard exhaust system. No need to spend silly money on an exhaust, get the Stage 2 gains for £292.50 + fitting.

I wouldn't bother with a sports cat personally, they have a tendency to degrade over time and fail MOT emission testing anyway. Shouldn't be an issue for a while anyway.

dees the scorpion down pipe fitted the standard system okay ? and anyone know what it would sound like with a decay ?

I spoke to Scorpion direct about this a few months ago and the answer is yes, there are reducers included in the kit to mate to the stock system. They have also had a test vehicle to test downpipe fitment on so fits perfectly.

No idea on the sound but with standard catback, I can't imagine it would be too loud.

the reason i got the cat version is because of noise levels, i have heard a decatted golf r and it is not a nice sounding car!
its a worthwhile upgrade, car is just better in every regard!.

anyone got the apr stage 2 map yet ? what you got planed next Dan ?

Last edited:
I'd be interested to hear this too @Dandanfings
Do you plan to get it on the rollers again? Have you noticed any improvements as the car adjusts to the mods?

I was free this saturday to take it back to AMD but they want £60 +vat..... which to be honest is a lot of money to confirm what i already know!
So i will wait for the APR stage 2 release then will dyno with that.

I cannot emphasize this enough, the car is a absolute animal and it brings back memorys of a E39 M5 with a 5.0 V8.

Reactions: Forbzeeee
is apr stage 2 not out ? i am sure i seen it advertised on their website Dan

is apr stage 2 not out ? i am sure i seen it advertised on their website Dan
Not sure where you saw that but i just spoke with them 2 days ago and its still in development at the moment.
Would be incredible if they find more power!

Application Guide
YearMakeModelMarketEngine
- The first three letters of the vehicle's engine code are written on white bar code sticker on the side of the engine.
- Please note vehicle manufacturers issue many ECU part numbers and revisions throughout their vehicle lineup. As such, some ECUs may be temporarily unavailable as new parts and/or revisions are released. If the vehicle's ECU part number and revision is known, availability can be checked at any APR Dealer.
2015+AudiTTS (MK3 / Typ 8S)Europe2.0 TFSI EA888 Gen 3
2014+AudiS3 (MK3 / Typ 8V)Europe2.0 TFSI EA888 Gen 3
2014+SeatLeon Cupra (MKIII / Typ 5F)In Development2.0 TSI EA888 Gen 3
2014+VWGolf R (MK7 / A7 / Typ 5G)Europe2.0 TSI EA888 Gen 3
Pricing
StageMinimum RequirementsPrice Exc. VATPrice Inc. VAT
- Stage II software may not be available for all vehicles.
- Pricing applicable to the UK only. If outside of the UK, please contact an APR Dealer and Importer for pricing.
- Stage II pricing only applies to customers who have purchased an APR ECU Upgrade after February 16th, 2015.
APR Stage I ECU UpgradeNone£628.00£753.60
- Upgrade to Stage IIHigh Flow Exhaust Downpipe£115.83£139.00
- Upgrade to Stage II with a brand new APR DownpipeBrand New APR DownipipeFree!

its been advertised on web site @ £139 with vat extra for stage 2

Ok i have done about 10 launch controls with the downpipe, i was hoping to beat 3.7 seconds and after viewing the results i have managed to beat that by......... i don't want to say as maybe, just maybe my speedo or software is wrong, but if its right i have just broken the internet.
Video will be online in a few hours.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Fab_R and Dtwm1