B&0 Soundsystem sounding faulty

Jigs

Reaction score
I'm having trouble with the sound of my audio system. Some tracks sound great, but others have distorting mids coming from what I imagine is the top of the dash.

Tracks like Pink Floyd - On The Run in parts of it and Aphex Twin - Actium through most of it have a farty, rattly sounding midrange and it's really spoiling my enjoyment of the tracks. I'm not sure if it's a blown speaker or some other problem, but i've just been having a play with the sound settings and I was disappointed I couldn't customise the sound better. No speaker selection or even midrange adjustment that might have taken the edge off that speaker, at least that I can see.

Anybody else had this problem?

yeah, that centre speaker grill is pish. mines been into the dealers twice to have it "fixed", but still rattles and buzzes on some tracks. But the some tracks are outstanding; Pink Floyd DSOT in 5.1 from the Later Years box set sounds amazing at full tilt!

Reactions: Jigs
Doesnt sound promising if it hasnt been fixed after a couple of visits if it's the grill, can it be removed or reset with spacers or something? I'm not otherly bothered about aesthetics in an area I cant see. I'd rather have premium sound that I can crank up.

Appreciate the heads up on DSOT too. I dont think my copy has surround sound as it's an old CD, but haven't tested it in the vlcar yet.

I've had the dash grille prised slightly open along the front edge for years now, completely solves this and hardly noticeable.

Reactions: Jigs
Thank you, that's good to know. Do I need any special tools to do this?

I've attempted to prise mine up with some plastic tools I bought for macbook upgrades, but i've snapped one and can't work out where the grill is held by it's retention clips. I'd better not proceed until I find out how to do this as i'll almost certainly cause some damage that could probably be avoided. I've also realised that I can see the grill from my seat. No real biggie having a small gap, but scrapes and scratches might look unsightly.

A shame I can't find a youtube link for this.

Slightly off topic, but "I dont think my copy has surround sound as it's an old CD" - yeah correct it will be stereo only, but f you can rip multichannel DVD or Bluray audio to 5.1 WMA files, they sound stunning on the B&O system (as long as they dont hit the grill sweet spot!)